Photo
- - - - -

Stuck with RR until end of the season (from Big Cat JR)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

If Rivera gets fired he needs to just move on. Letting him stay will only cause more problems.

#17 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,774 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Dallas ends up with Payton as HC and Rivera as DC and win the next 10 Super Bowls

Haha that combo would be pretty epic.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,495 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I'll be all right," Rivera said. "No matter what happens, I'll be OK. Whether I'm here next year or not, I will be A-OK. I will go forward. I will make things happen. I will do things. Whether it's here or somewhere else, I will. I believe in who I am and firmly believe in my abilities as a coach."

cam should call him mr. mopeyhead in his next presser

#19 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Rivera sounds like he's given up to be honest.

#20 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

this is the kiss of death..

#21 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Sad. I really like the guy. I had such high expectations. He will land on his feet just fine. If he is gone I wish him well.

#22 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'll be all right," Rivera said. "No matter what happens, I'll be OK. Whether I'm here next year or not, I will be A-OK. I will go forward. I will make things happen. I will do things. Whether it's here or somewhere else, I will. I believe in who I am and firmly believe in my abilities as a coach."

This says it all

The really sad thing is that this is RR's version of "it is what it is" and JR hasnt got the fuggin balls to do anything about it.

Who cares what the fallout is from firing him?! At 2-8 we are the laughing stock of the league and i dont expect us to get better this year regardless of who the HC is!

...at least we will have an excuse for being as pathetic as we are if we had an imterm coach running the ship.

I fuggin hate JR! Nutless bastard!

#23 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

This says it all

He sounds like someone who knows their boyfriend/girlfriend is going to dump them and is trying to reassure themselves.

Don't worry Ron, you will be ok. You're a great DEFENSIVE coach, but a horrible horrible head coach.

#24 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

How long is the ban for calling someone a dumbass?

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,427 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

I secretly wish he would stay here as the DC and build in the promising defense.

Won't happen, but would be great if it did.

Yeah, I've thought about a Gunther Cunningham/Chiefs type scenario, but he was fired as HC and then came back as DC several years later. I don't ever see a guy taking a demotion like that in successive years with as much pride as they have.

I do believe Rivera is a good DC because then defense (what he knows) is his only focus and real responsibility. He struggles in the management aspects of being a head coach - timeouts, game management, in-game adjustments, personnel decisions, etc. When his sole focus and responsibility is scheming for the side of the ball he knows, no problem.

#26 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, I've thought about a Gunther Cunningham/Chiefs type scenario, but he was fired as HC and then came back as DC several years later. I don't ever see a guy taking a demotion like that in successive years with as much pride as they have.

I do believe Rivera is a good DC because then defense (what he knows) is his only focus and real responsibility. He struggles in the management aspects of being a head coach - timeouts, game management, in-game adjustments, personnel decisions, etc. When his sole focus and responsibility is scheming for the side of the ball he knows, no problem.

I agree. He is not fit to be the HC for this team. We need a guy who can actually groom and coach players up. The truth that matters is we need a change of culture. We need somebody to come in and really just change our whole team. Rivera is a good DC. I wouldn't be surprise he lands a job being DC as soon as the season is over.

#27 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I secretly wish he would stay here as the DC and build in the promising defense.

That would be great ...he has done well with the defense.I think his fatal mistake was bringing in Chud .I bet if he is a head coach again Chud will not be the OC.

#28 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,427 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I agree. He is not fit to be the HC for this team. We need a guy who can actually groom and coach players up. The truth that matters is we need a change of culture. We need somebody to come in and really just change our whole team. Rivera is a good DC. I wouldn't be surprise he lands a job being DC as soon as the season is over.

Yeah, and the more I think about it... I have never liked judging someone by their projected personality, and I don't like to judge someone's ability to perform in a certain function solely on their personality either because typically, I don't think it is relevant. But, in our franchise's case, it has been very relevant.

I really hope the next guy we bring in is demonstrative and expressive, but in a controlled manner. We need someone to rile guys up and shake things up on a day to day basis. This ho-hum, "getting better, making progress" crap has gone on long enough and it poisons the locker room.

#29 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

I guess nobody remembers last year when he said pretty much the same thing.

telling the players and coaches they all would be judged by the last 6 games.

I heard him say before that he knows his job is on the line every game.

#30 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

http://www.carolinah...to-keep-rivera/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com