Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In the latest news that Rivera has no control

26 posts in this topic

Posted

"I wish he had done it behind closed doors but he didn't. It's out there. I'm going to support that."

No spin there. That's exactly what he said. As I know from past experience, arguing with you is a waste of time so this will be the last post directed to you in this thread. Carry on.

Interesting way to spin what was said.

Posted

There's nothing wrong with saying it but a leader doesn't come out on twitter and do it. Also it wasn't constructive (basically accusing guys of being lazy). Thus in that situation it would be up to the team leader (Rivera) to stand up and take charge of the situation since one player is essentially trashing another player or players on his team. Instead of taking charge he goes with the pussy cop out position and "supports" the comments.

This is just indicative of his overall mindset. He's a follower and not a leader. He doesn't have a basic grasp of communication and these deficiencies are magnified on the field in crunch time. The sooner this franchise rids itself of this colossal mistake the better everyone will be.

Meh. CJ was right in calling out others who aren't trying as hard. That's what an on field leader does. Twitter is not the way to do it, but I have no problem with CJ calling out what NEEDS to be called out.

Posted

How's that an issue? Captains should be there to call out lazy players. If Manning did it it'd be him being a 'leader'. He didn't say names. Rivera knows the players won't listen to him, maybe he suspects they'll listen to the team captains.

Posted

I find it amazing how much Fox has opened up since joining the Broncos...he doesn't even sound like the same guy during his pressers

...for once he changed and adapted to the situation.....

Posted

I didn't realize the circus was in town. Why didn't you guys tell me?!

Posted

RIchardson hired a yes man...that's what we got...whateves

This

Posted

Rivera also went on to say he wishes that CJ wouldn't have done it and would hope that it doesn't happen again. He said it has happened and they will address it as a team.

Posted

http://m.charlotteobserver.com/charlotte/db_97742/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=zLW8qPis

He "supports" johnson's public tweet ripping his own teammates. A head coach with any balls would say "no comment" to the media and tell CJ behind closed doors he better not do that poo again or there will be consequences. Instead, Ron "will you be my friend" Rivera says its ok to act like this and even goes so far as to encourage the behavior because CJ is a "captain." I don't know many captains that are publicly throwing other squad members under the bus but in RR's fuged up cocoon this is what happens.

I almost went public relations in college and I can assure you "no comment" is usually not an adequate answer and can do more harm than good

Posted

Rivera needs a 3rd year.

Posted

You can tell this season is over when threads like this pop up.

Posted

30511686.jpg

Posted

"I wish he had done it behind closed doors but he didn't. It's out there. Im going to support that."

No spin there. That's exactly what he said. As I know from past experience, arguing with you is a waste of time so this will be the last post directed to you in this thread. Carry on.

Rivera was asked about Johnson's tweet. He responded honestly, like he always does. And now you are using as evidence he's lost the team.

I think it's obvious that he wished charles kept it in house. This is nothing new.

Hard to control what a grown man does on his own time. Why don't you try it, and let me know how.it works for you.

I'm not going to argue with you, az it would be a waste of our time.

You think what ya want. Doesn't bother me.

1 person likes this