Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another look at Greg Roman tonight.

32 posts in this topic

Posted

True but that doesn't make roman any less qualified

if Big Cat wanna go a cheap route for a HC like he did with Rivera, he'll act like he doesn't know Roman. Harbaugh was a bigger name than Roman or anyone that will be available this offseason (except Cowher, Reid? Holmgreen?) and he didnt know Harbaugh. Im having a tough time thinking he'll know a guy like Roman.

Posted

Harbaugh runs that teams offence not Roman. Everyone thinking they are getting another Jim s just seeing a mirage.

1 person likes this

Posted

Harbaugh runs that teams offence not Roman. Everyone thinking they are getting another Jim s just seeing a mirage.

Roman says it's a secret but Harbaugh says its Roman offense. Roman didn't establish that offense in till he got to Stanford that same year Toby Gearheart was up for Heisman. As for calling plays i'm unsure.

Posted

Well Harbaugh was once a QB here and JR confirmed that he didn't know who he was.

JR knew damn well who Harbaugh was.

Posted

Yeah he did. He just didn't want to open up to Harbaugh.

Posted

In reality I know he did

Posted

Yeah he did. He just didn't want to open up to Harbaugh.

Exactly. If he wanna be cheap, he'll go out and tell the media he doesn't know who Cowher or Holmgreen are. Not saying they should be the next HC. Just an example.

Posted

Their plays are similar to what Stanford was running when Harbaugh was there, and still running today. Yet this offense, I think the true mastermind behind it all is David Shaw. ^_^ We got to find a way to get Shaw here, we got to!

By the way, do yall see how the coaches let Kaepernick run a full pro offense? That is what Cam would look like if he had a competent staff. Stew and D-Will would look like Gore is looking right now. Smitty would probably still be a top threat. Instead we are having conversations about how all of our offensive weapons are washed up, all because of this sabotaging coaching staff.

I agree with nearly everything you said, but you left out something. The 49er's have a great offensive line. Unfortunately, even if the Panthers were running the same system and plays, our offense would still struggle due to the pathetic/inexperienced group of players we currently have up front.