#46 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,558 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I know you said you wanted a fullsize but I had a 2008 4.0 supercharged Nissan Frontier that was a fuging beast for a midsized truck. It was the only vehicle that I've bought brand new and I loved that thing. I used to tow my dads 22ft ski boat from Boone to Watauga lake with ease, not to mention our 30ft job-site box trailer. it actually had a larger tow capacity than his F150.

#47 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,785 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Make sure you get it from a Rick Hendrick Dealership I.e. Toyota of Concord.

Hawk may have a slight problem with this...

#48 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,335 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

I have driven all the trucks and prefer Chevy/GMC. Dodge is always behind the curve and Ford tends to try and make things too complicated and they end up breaking. Tundra's are nice, but I'm not buying Jap anything when we make perfectly good trucks here.

America! F CK YEAH!!

#49 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hawk may have a slight problem with this...

What would Hawks problem be?

#50 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

What would Hawks problem be?

He lives in Antarctica

#51 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,785 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Posted Image

#52 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,249 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

If your main purpose is "handy man" type stuff, you might want to think through bed size on the smaller trucks.

Sheetrock and other items can be a pain in the but to haul with small beds. Once or twice, no biggie, but continually having to compensate for small bed issues can be a hassle

i dont remember how big the beds are on tacomas. i was able to fit everything i needed in the bed of my ranger... i can't imagine the tacoma's bed is smaller

#53 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

i'll be in the market for a new truck in about six months... my faithful ford ranger that i've had since high school blew up this summer and i've been getting around in a 1987 volvo station wagon that looks like it belongs on a brady bunch set. i'm trying to get into flipping houses as a side project and i can't exactly haul around sheetrock and two-by-fours in what i've got.

anybody here got opinions on toyota tacomas? i'm leaning towards an 03 or 04 model, my parents owned one when i was in high school and from the little bit of driving i did with it it was outstanding.

Honestly dude, just go with an older model ford or GM fullsize.

You are going to pay out the ass for a Toyota just to beat the hell out of it.

#54 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

That 300 was a damned stump puller. I miss having one.

Agree 100%.

Had one of these as well, tried to kill the thing.

Those and the 4.0 Jeep as well as Ford were all but perfect engines.

#55 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,249 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Honestly dude, just go with an older model ford or GM fullsize.

You are going to pay out the ass for a Toyota just to beat the hell out of it.

i've found 2002-ish toyota tacomas for $5-6000. they also have decent maintenance records and relatively good gas mileage.

everyone i know who drives a GM, fullsize or otherwise, tells me not to do it.

#56 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

I have a little ranger with a 4 cylinder that I run the heck out of. One of the most reliable and easy to maintain vehicles I have ever owned. Only issue I have ever had with it was the battery died about a month ago, at 60,000 miles. On the very rare occassions that I need to haul something bigger than the ranger can handle, I borrow my buddies trailer.

Most any brand will be ok if its been taken care of and had all the regular maintenance done. Generally speaking, trucks are usually pretty well put together. If you have verifiable maintenance records for the truck, and you like it, then that is what I would go with.

#57 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,579 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

i'll be in the market for a new truck in about six months... my faithful ford ranger that i've had since high school blew up this summer and i've been getting around in a 1987 volvo station wagon that looks like it belongs on a brady bunch set. i'm trying to get into flipping houses as a side project and i can't exactly haul around sheetrock and two-by-fours in what i've got.

anybody here got opinions on toyota tacomas? i'm leaning towards an 03 or 04 model, my parents owned one when i was in high school and from the little bit of driving i did with it it was outstanding.

Zod is a Tacoma man

#58 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,377 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Tonka makes some pretty good trucks!

#59 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

My dream truck would be a 2500HD Diesel but I actually own an 07' 4 door taco 4x4 haha

Wanted new and a 4x4 so got it back then...I've never had a problem with it. If you're okay with a midsize truck, go taco, full size, 1500 or above.

#60 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

You already know this because you're a smart man but be careful of buying used. Make sure the seller has a documented history of the truck. I'm sure there will be 100's of flooded vehicles on the market. You don't want one of those.

Just sayin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.