• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#31 guyinchesapeake

guyinchesapeake

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Actually, it's been a complete team effort this year. The special teams are anything but. Defense is quite good until that last possession the opposing team seems to always get when they are within a score. Offensive play calling is quite predictable in the late stages of the game, thus ensuring that games cannot be closed out with us holding the ball. With all the talent and potential on this team, and there are lots, it's still amateur hour when it comes down to it.

#32 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

secondary needs an overhaul and D needs better coaching.

#33 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

secondary needs an overhaul and D needs better coaching.

D needs a heart too. We all saw them quit in OT on Sunday. They werent even attempting to tackle. I dont blame Thomas Davis for crying and being emotional after the game, he knows his unit is pathetic. CJ knows guys arent studying and focusing. Thats why went on his lil twitter rant.

#34 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,092 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

D needs a heart too. We all saw them quit in OT on Sunday. They werent even attempting to tackle. I dont blame Thomas Davis for crying and being emotional after the game, he knows his unit is pathetic. CJ knows guys arent studying and focusing. Thats why went on his lil twitter rant.

I wouldn't say quit.. more like the team was playing very tired and also in loser prevent scheme that mcderp called.. the coaches doesn't learn jack poo.

#35 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

uhmmmm were you here last year?

wait, obviously not.

very few defenses could win games when the offense struggles to score more than 2 touchdowns a game, sometimes not even that.

besides, KT is an idiot.

Just because I did not post here...does not mean I have I not been an avid follower...in fact, I starting viewing the Huddle in 2009.

And beyond that, I was referencing what a previous poster was saying.

#36 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Replying to Bigger Problem: Offensive Coordinator or Defensive Coordinator?

#37 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Replying to Bigger Problem: Offensive Coordinator or Defensive Coordinator?

Both seem to want to change things when things are going well. Chud goes all read option and McD all soft prevent zone...

I think it all flows from the Head Coach though...

#38 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Both seem to want to change things when things are going well. Chud goes all read option and McD all soft prevent zone...

I think it all flows from the Head Coach though...

You're right, on all accounts...

#39 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,501 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

The best defense is a good offense.

The offense is the reason the team is struggling.

The defense plays great, then gets tired/worn out from being on the field to much.

#40 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,501 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

the d doesn't have heart?

You're right. It wasn't the defense that sparked the change in the game from Captain's pick six.

The defense was wore out. You'd be to spending so much of the second half on the field, cause the offense can't sustain anything.

Thanks for the comedy.

#41 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,112 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Just because I did not post here...does not mean I have I not been an avid follower...in fact, I starting viewing the Huddle in 2009.

And beyond that, I was referencing what a previous poster was saying.

ok but if you were here last year, the majority was high on the offense and low on the defense and it was based on performance. in fact, the momentum gave everyone high hope that this year, with an improved defense, and an exciting offense, people, including myself were expecting a 8-10 win season. it was obvious last year the defense, which was decimated, needed to improve in order to win games.

i'm not at all saying the defense is good enough to be a playoff team, although the points allowed would suggest otherwise, we certainly have holes, but we have an offense this year that can't consistently score even 14 points, much less a reasonable amount in the low 20's which would cover up our holes still in the defense. with an offensive line that has trouble protecting and getting push, wide receivers that are still dropping open passes and a nonexistent run game, our offense is certainly a major problem. and then the constant 3 and outs, is demoralizing to the defense.

#42 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

The best defense is a good offense.

The offense is the reason the team is struggling.

The defense plays great, then gets tired/worn out from being on the field to much.

You could see it in their faces in OT. I could literally see our defenders going "I's tired boss! I give up! I give up! I quit! Winning takes too much energy. Losing is less taxing on the body! Here Martin, see this running lane, run right thru it!"

We made Freeman who was struggling most of the day look like Brady in comeback mode. Pantherclaw, we all know our D is too tired to be concerned with winning football games. They've only had the energy to win 1 for us in 2 years. When we had Pep, Rucker, Minter and those guys, our defense won us hella games. Those were the good old days, when you could trust the Panthers D, now it feels like they're working for the other team at the end of games.

#43 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

King Troll should be his username. How he has stayed here while countless others have been banned is beyond me.

#44 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,112 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

the d doesn't have heart?

You're right. It wasn't the defense that sparked the change in the game from Captain's pick six.

The defense was wore out. You'd be to spending so much of the second half on the field, cause the offense can't sustain anything.

Thanks for the comedy.

kt has gotten soooo sensitive, he thinks everyone is picking on poor little Cameron Newton.

#45 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

The defense was wore out.

Of course they were, scrubs tire out the quickest in pro sports. Its why teams in basketball that are loaded with talent COAST for 3 quarters then "turn it on" in the 4th. They know in crunch time the scrubs will be too tired to win.

Jimmy Johnson says "fatigue" makes cowards of us all in his Football Life. Well in most 4th quarters, our defense is mighty cowardly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina, Panthers, Offense, Defense, Problem, Fix, It, Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.