#46 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

kt has gotten soooo sensitive, he thinks everyone is picking on poor little Cameron Newton.

poor Peppers90, he thinks our defense winning a game in 2 years is a sign of greatness.

#47 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

poor Peppers90, he thinks our defense winning a game in 2 years is a sign of greatness.

you're horrible at this game. everyone knows it but you. keep coddling our quarterback, hold him to your bosom, protect him from what everyone says about him. damn i sure hope he is mentally tougher than you. 14 points should be enough to win in this league right? not even "the good ole days" defense would have survived this miserable onslaught of ineptness displayed by our offense. i would hate to have seen what would happen without the spark supplied by our defense that finally got our offense kinda moving the ball to put up a whopping 14 points on a far less than average buccs defense.

#48 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

You keep tryna make this about our QB. Its not. Our defense quits at the end of games. Our defense lays down for mediocre QBs. Tell me what games our defense has won for us the past 2 years sir? It shouldnt be hard right?

#49 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

see your signature? your ignorance is beyond reasoning. you think only one unit can win or lose a game. only a simpleton looks at the very last thing he sees and forgets everything that went on before the closing seconds of a game. our defense has won the exact same amount of games as our offense.

#50 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

So the answer is 1. Gotcha.

Now tell me who on this defense is going to the pro bowl or has received some kind of "national" recognition for their outstanding play this year? Last year, our O produced 3 pro bowlers despite a losing season. Surely somebody on our D is turning heads this year. You can even link those national articles talking about our defense if you like. I saw one on CJ a few weeks ago, but there's gotta be more right?

#51 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

i keep bringing up Cam to your because I know how sensitive you are towards him and you are afraid people won't hold him to the regards you yourself does. our kicker blows, we fumble kick and punt returns. we have wr's that slip on routes or cant hold onto the ball. there are many demoralizing plays for both sides of the ball, that should get shaken off more than they do. we have a gaping oline that might as well go to their next profession in which they would be successful, something like a matador where the can just ole' all day. lastly, we were down to 3 de's yesterday, a young defense that was probably tired, gave up some bad plays, got jerked by the refs a couple times. regardless, our offense has been underwhelming all season. and if they have met or exceeded your expectations this year, then those expectations must certainly be lower than those for the defense.

#52 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

All of you trying to make this about one unit or the other need to take a step back. The play of one unit impacts the other. The failure of the offense to generate sustained drives throughout games negatively impacts the defense. The special teams failure to get us good field position offensively on returns or defensively with coverage impacts both of other units negatively. Our coaches hurt all of our units with their borderline retarded playcalling.

I put blame for our failures on the entire team and I believe that trying to separate this into the blame game of "AMG it's not the fault of the defense because they are better than they were last year" or "well it can't be the offense because I want to blow Cam and any unit he's a part of is a shining beacon of awesomeness that can do no wrong" is wrong on more levels than I care to try to list.

It's also foolish, in a sport like the NFL which is decidedly NOT superstar individual driven like the NBA, to say that "this guy lost us this game" or "this unit won us this game". The NFL is a TEAM GAME and, excepting extraordinarily rare occasions, one thing didn't cost the game.

Yes the offense is statistically worse than last year. Yes the defense is surprisingly better than last year. Yes special teams continues to buttfug the other two units. Yes our coaches are clinically retarded sometimes. None of that matters in terms of who is responsible. Slightly better play by any of those wins us these close games. And any failing by any one of them also hurts the others.

We have glaring holes at every level of this team. Which are prioritized to be fixed first depend largely on the new GM and (if one is brought in) the attitude of the new coach. And no matter what they decide to fix first it will be a marked improvement in the overall play of this team.

#53 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

our D has some talent... but aren't quite there yet.

if I have to pick one thing holding us back the most though... im going with Offensive playcalling

#54 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

So the answer is 1. Gotcha.

Now tell me who on this defense is going to the pro bowl or has received some kind of "national" recognition for their outstanding play this year? Last year, our O produced 3 pro bowlers despite a losing season. Surely somebody on our D is turning heads this year. You can even link those national articles talking about our defense if you like. I saw one on CJ a few weeks ago, but there's gotta be more right?

so now we are talking about last year huh? someone else was right. you are stuck in 2011. tell me how many pro bowlers from the offense we will have this year? and to note, the answer about wins is 2. our offense needed a defensive touchdown to beat the saints in week 2. Got me yet?

congrats on points well taken about the pro bowl. we had 1 or 2 players voted in and one that was a 2nd reserve.

#55 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

so now we are talking about last year huh? someone else was right. you are stuck in 2011. tell me how many pro bowlers from the offense we will have this year? and to note, the answer about wins is 2. our offense needed a defensive touchdown to beat the saints in week 2. Got me yet?

congrats on points well taken about the pro bowl. we had 1 or 2 players voted in and one that was a 2nd reserve.

Still dodging my questions. If our D was playing as "great" as you think they were you'd be able to answer me easy. If guys were stepping up individually, they'd be getting more recognition than just Panther homers on the Huddle. Just because you pour syrup on poo dont make em pancakes, and just because some of you homers lowered your expectations for our defense doesnt make them good or great.

#56 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

D needs a heart too. We all saw them quit in OT on Sunday. They werent even attempting to tackle. I dont blame Thomas Davis for crying and being emotional after the game, he knows his unit is pathetic. CJ knows guys arent studying and focusing. Thats why went on his lil twitter rant.

Dwan Edwards: "At the end of the game, they're going to go to Vincent Jackson. We know that. They know that."

#57 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

...step back, quit drinking the koolade, come back to reality and look objectively at what we have and you see dysfunction on both sides of the ball... lets throw in special teams too. This defence would get shredded by any wild card team if we were fortunate enough to make the playoffs...the offence couldn't score enough points to keep us in any game at that level...we have a lot of things that need to be fixed on both sides of the ball and we will need a genus of GM to figure it out...

#58 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Still dodging my questions. If our D was playing as "great" as you think they were you'd be able to answer me easy. If guys were stepping up individually, they'd be getting more recognition than just Panther homers on the Huddle. Just because you pour syrup on poo dont make em pancakes, and just because some of you homers lowered your expectations for our defense doesnt make them good or great.

i didn't dodge a question and, i answered your pathetic, worthless question directly. now you are just making words up, i never said they were great, i continue to support the idea of the team concept, something people like you don't care anything about. you care about individual recognitions, not wins, not unity, but fancy stats. there are only 5 teams that have scored less points than ours, not including the 3 touchdowns our defense scored, subtract that, only one team has scored less than us. sorry, we don't have the best defense in the league so they must suck right?

your questions are so irrelevant though, i might as well dodge them because they are pointless and take direction backwards. oh, that national recognition comes from the same people that recognize luck this year too, but you hate on that.

#59 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

i didn't dodge a question and, i answered your pathetic, worthless question directly. now you are just making words up, i never said they were great, i continue to support the idea of the team concept, something people like you don't care anything about. you care about individual recognitions, not wins, not unity, but fancy stats. there are only 5 teams that have scored less points than ours, not including the 3 touchdowns our defense scored, subtract that, only one team has scored less than us. sorry, we don't have the best defense in the league so they must suck right?

your questions are so irrelevant though, i might as well dodge them because they are pointless and take direction backwards. oh, that national recognition comes from the same people that recognize luck this year too, but you hate on that.

You support team concept but dont believe in holding the defensive unit of the team accountable. You coddle them.

#60 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,847 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Of course they were, scrubs tire out the quickest in pro sports. Its why teams in basketball that are loaded with talent COAST for 3 quarters then "turn it on" in the 4th. They know in crunch time the scrubs will be too tired to win.

Jimmy Johnson says "fatigue" makes cowards of us all in his Football Life. Well in most 4th quarters, our defense is mighty cowardly.

evidently asking the offense for one more first down, was to much to ask for?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina, Panthers, Offense, Defense, Problem, Fix, It, Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com