• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#76 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Youre up by 8 with 50 seconds left. Apparently its too much to ask of the D to hold em. Apparently its too much to ask them to get a stop in OT. Lol. They didnt even need to kick a FG.

Don't you know that the defense does not get paid? The Special teams does not get paid either.

But when asked who is most responsible for the win against the Redskins...we get Charles Johnson or Luke...lol

#77 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,954 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

The defense. They have much lower expectations hence them quitting or feeling like its a "bonus" to protect leads and close games. Our team is built to win predicated on our O putting up 30 every game which isnt realistic. Even when our D plays their best they still need our O to post 30 points. Other teams dont rely on their O for everything like we do. Their D's can actually go out and win games.

Bullpoo.

Since Luke has taken over....the D has only needed and asked the O to score a measly 20 pts and we walk away with several wins.

We aren't relying on our O....we are asking them not to be below average.

#78 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,972 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Bigger problem is the offense. Not even a question.

The defense is worn out by game's end because the offense can't stay on the field.

Offense right now is as bad as 2010. Who knows? By season's end they could be even worse.

Other than one or two games, our schedule lightens up over the final six weeks. Here's hoping they can accomplish something down the final stretch.

#79 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,823 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

stop picking on Cameron Newton, people with vaginas are very sensitive.

I am not picking on Can. I personally think the issues with the offense is probably 70% coaching and 30% player execution.

They are not helping him with this scheme. But he has also not helped himself with his execution.

#80 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

The offense, and more specifically Cam's horrible accuracy and the subpar offensive line performance.

That call on TD at the end though was the dagger. TB was 2nd & 10 on their own 20, and after that play it would've been 3rd & 10. Instead the Bucs get the ball on the Panthers' 47 and a new set of downs.

Officials have regularly fuged us this season. Just like in MMA, if you leave it close enough for the judge's decide then your fate is no longer in your own hands.

#81 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Since Luke has taken over....the D has only needed and asked the O to score a measly 20 pts and we walk away with several wins.

We aren't relying on our O....we are asking them not to be below average.

Except Sunday of course? We scored a measly 21, it wasnt enough. 20 points vs the Bears wasnt enough. 20 against Atlanta wasnt enough. 20 wasnt enough against the Saints. It doesnt matter how much we score, when our opponent buckles down and puts pressure on our D late, they wilt.

We still lean on our O for everything, defense has proven they arent capable of winning games. Theyre a supporting cast who arent very supportive despite having their standards lowered.

#82 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

The offense only scored 14 points on Sunday. That other 7 came from the "supportive" defense.

#83 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

I am not picking on Can. I personally think the issues with the offense is probably 70% coaching and 30% player execution.

They are not helping him with this scheme. But he has also not helped himself with his execution.

i know you're not, but some people are defending the offense for Cam's sake. Do you think anyone would possibly defend the offense if Anderson was playing QB and we had the same numbers?

#84 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

excuse me, only one idiot is defending the offense. that is king troll

#85 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

The offense only scored 14 points on Sunday. That other 7 came from the "supportive" defense.

Captain Munnerlyns fumble on special teams directly led to 7 points for the Bucs. His pick 6 was redemption. The Patriots D put up 21 points Sunday. And Tom Brady is their QB. And their D is not well regarded. You guys have the lowest standards i ever seen for a defense. If they make 1 play a game, thats light out. Josh Freeman roasted them when it mattered most.

#86 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

The defense is tired argument....has anyone actually looked at the time of posession splits for last Sunday's game?

Tampa was on the field for 32:30 and the Panthers for 31:50....40 extra seconds of time posession (which is counting overtime where Tampa got the ball once and then scored). No wonder they were gassed.

Ok, but that was for Tampa...what about for Atlanta? Surely they were gassed which is why they gave up all those yards from the one yard line to end the game. Oh wait, the Panthers TOP 30:06, the Falcons was 29:54.

Surely the Bears game where the defense game up another game winning drive was dominated by Chicago's offense wearing us down. Wait a minute, it shows that the Panthers had the ball for 36:38, and the Bears for 23:22.

This reminds me of the Deshaun Foster is better than Deangelo Williams argument because Deangelo runs against more "tired" defenses.

#87 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

excuse me, only one idiot is defending the offense. that is king troll

And only a wal mart tarheel fan and a few homers are bragging bout a defense thar sent Panther Nation out of BOA furious on Sunday. We're one of the league leaders in 4th quarter points allowed. They stop doing their job in 4th quarters and instead just watch our QB. Theyre too tired to contribute.

#88 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

And only a wal mart tarheel fan and a few homers are bragging bout a defense thar sent Panther Nation out of BOA furious on Sunday. We're one of the league leaders in 4th quarter points allowed. They stop doing their job in 4th quarters and instead just watch our QB. Theyre too tired to contribute.

only an inept, illiterate cam nut hugging jock sniffer will continue to make things up, and push blame on everyone else that doesn't concern him because for some reason it really digs deep in you and hurts you so much that his unit can't produce. Carry on. I'm not calling anyone out specifically on offense, but i know good and well if Cam wasn't the QB, you would be ripping the offense too. But instead, you think a unit that can only score 13 points a game is a bigger problem than a unit that gives up 18. Your math fugging sucks.

if you could read and comprehend, you would understand that the thread is asking what is the bigger problem? no one said or is bragging about the defense, but you keep saying it because it your only defense mechanism.

oh if it matters, I live where there are no walmarts. i guarantee you have been to walmart way more than i have.

#89 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Except Sunday of course? We scored a measly 21, it wasnt enough. 20 points vs the Bears wasnt enough. 20 against Atlanta wasnt enough. 20 wasnt enough against the Saints. It doesnt matter how much we score, when our opponent buckles down and puts pressure on our D late, they wilt.

We still lean on our O for everything, defense has proven they arent capable of winning games. Theyre a supporting cast who arent very supportive despite having their standards lowered.

king troll

#90 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

lets talk low standards shall we?

10, 28, 7, 28, 3, 19, 22(-7), 21, 14(-7), 14.

only four games out of 10 the offense produced 21+ points.

since your math sucks, that is 40% of the time.

we could even say the pick 6 could reduce that 22 point outting to 15.

if that suffices for you, your standards are as low as they get.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina, Panthers, Offense, Defense, Problem, Fix, It, Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com