Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dear Mr. Accorsi...

67 posts in this topic

Posted

Make this a team of players...not a team of personalities.

Posted

Save us Mr. Accorsi. You're our only hope.

Posted

From my understanding i'm hearing Phil Savage is interested in the GM job via Charlotte Observer. Do you know anything about this?

http://www.google.co..._N-5nAJyuuUAQZg

If we hired Savage, we need to sticky a thread setting up time/date for a cyanide punch party for our entire fanbase.

1 person likes this

Posted

Execute all opposing fans on site

2 people like this

Posted

The comment about investing and upgrading the scouting department is spot on.

I would also suggest that the new GM not completely rule out free agency as an option. Obviously, it has burned JR in the past by going out and spending big on guys who weren't worth it, however you can't completely stay away from FA. If there is a player that the organization fills good about, go get him.

Posted

Anytime leadership gets discussed on this board I just roll my eyes and wonder just what the hell people here know about the subject.

i've got my MBA concentration in it for starters.

Posted

the accorsi hire was far and away the thing that has excited me most this season.

if he gets to do his thing we have some solid hires to look forward to at the very least.

Posted

Have Cam go to one the military bases nearby for leadership/training program?

I thought about this some time back, Id love to see him go to Quantico thru USMC OCS.

1 person likes this

Posted

I asked bill rosinski about this last night on twitter this is what he said:

@RosinskiBill: talked with Savage a few times and I asked if he was interested in Panthers. Seemed to think Acorsi had own list if go to guys.

so that probably means that savage isn't on the list.

good to know. not a fan of that idea either.

this is kind of what i thought, though. accorsi's got his own group of people that he feels comfortable with and it's probably guys he's worked with before. that's a good starting point, but that's still a huge pool to draw from.

Posted

As a guy who has attended many of these and led more than a few, they are typically designed to teach people how to get along in a large organization. They are great for the bottom 60% of the organization, but often have the effect of neutering top performers. It just doesn't seem like a good fit when talking about football players.

One exception, and perhaps this is what you intended, would be team building excursions when the intent is just to let them build bonds by having fun together. Whether paintballing, white water rafting or some equivalent activity, these can be used effectively to bring an organization closer together.

i don't know. i think it could work and it wouldn't be just any leadership conference. it would be more tailored to team sports, i would think. and it would benefit a lot of the roster to help get their minds on straight.

for the guys at the top, though, i think something like this is very much needed. they need some kind of in depth leadership training and workshop just to let them know what is expected of them as leaders and help them find better ways to motivate others on the team.

Posted

my suggestions fill holes with vet players (thru FA and/or trades) and draft BPA.

1 person likes this

Posted

Look league wide at the last 4 drafts and combine that with free agency spending, and cap space available for the next 3 years.

See which teams rise to the top.

Start interviewing key guys on those teams.

Don't hire anyone from the Browns, Raiders, Bengals, or Jags.