Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Dear Mr. Accorsi...

67 posts in this topic

Invest in high defensive line draft picks.

1 person likes this

I thought about this some time back, Id love to see him go to Quantico thru USMC OCS.

i'd be in favor of sending all of them for the sole purpose of seeing steve smith square off against somebody with pugil sticks.

and to see tolbert try to chug up danang hill.

and to see cam run across the logs like a drunken giant on the obstacle course and try to fit through the tunnels on the timed course.

yup, that could be entertaining.

Mmmhmm. I'd wager not a goddamn thing, myself.

And what is it you know about leadership?

And what is it you know about leadership?

i think he answered that...

not a goddamn thing, myself.

his follow-up post does nothing to detract from that.
1 person likes this

i think he answered that...

his follow-up post does nothing to detract from that.

Usually people who place little value on leadership have no cognition of the concept.

phil savage is a browns reject.. panthers dont need any more of that poo.

First thing I would ask him to do is to hire someone to let the fans know how to act during the game. I went to the game yesterday, and I swear i was the loudest person in the entire stadium. I'm tired of letting opponents take over our stadium and make more noise than us. If you are at the game, you should be constantly yelling while the team is on defense and SHUT UP while the team is on offense. the only time I heard someone try to start a chant was then we were on O. I swear, we need to educate these fans...

Usually people who place little value on leadership have no cognition of the concept.

I never said I didn't value leadership, only that I know that the outcome of football games have almost nothing to do with it. Anyone with a modicum of NFL history under their belt would remember the long line of dysfunctional but talented teams that won consistently despite fielding some of the most selfish, infighting and downright stupid players imaginable.

Football is a game, not a company, and all this squawking of "leadership" issues overlooks the real problems (like idiotic coaching.)

I never said I didn't value leadership, only that I know that the outcome of football games have almost nothing to do with it. Anyone with a modicum of NFL history under their belt would remember the long line of dysfunctional but talented teams that won consistently despite fielding some of the most selfish, infighting and downright stupid players imaginable.

Football is a game, not a company, and all this squawking of "leadership" issues overlooks the real problems (like idiotic coaching.)

Eh - player leaders aren't the most important thing in the world but you'd be foolish to discount the value of an emotional leader on the field. Ray Lewis, for instance, had an impact on that Ravens defense far beyond what his (admittedly plentiful) talent brought to the field. The same could probably be said for Breesus in New Orleans. We could make a list. Units with an emotional team leader on the field with them can play with an edge that teams without that often don't have.

I wouldn't focus on leadership above other things but I certainly wouldn't treat it as an afterthought.

Eh - player leaders aren't the most important thing in the world but you'd be foolish to discount the value of an emotional leader on the field. Ray Lewis, for instance, had an impact on that Ravens defense far beyond what his (admittedly plentiful) talent brought to the field. The same could probably be said for Breesus in New Orleans. We could make a list. Units with an emotional team leader on the field with them can play with an edge that teams without that often don't have.

I wouldn't focus on leadership above other things but I certainly wouldn't treat it as an afterthought.

I wouldn't want a team of squabbling children, for sure, but ever notice that only high profile players are ever considered "leaders?" Nobody gives a rip what some backup tight end does, even if he's the first one in and the last to leave, because he's a nobody in the media's mind. They lavish accolades on Tom Brady's leadership ability when the Patriots eke out Super Bowls and then question his standing in the locker room when they lose them. It's a farce, simple and plain, and one that fans willingly buy into because it makes them think that all it would take is a little bit of magical thinking to solve the team's problems.

1 person likes this