• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Invest in high defensive line draft picks.

#42 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

I thought about this some time back, Id love to see him go to Quantico thru USMC OCS.

i'd be in favor of sending all of them for the sole purpose of seeing steve smith square off against somebody with pugil sticks.

and to see tolbert try to chug up danang hill.

and to see cam run across the logs like a drunken giant on the obstacle course and try to fit through the tunnels on the timed course.

yup, that could be entertaining.

#43 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Mmmhmm. I'd wager not a goddamn thing, myself.

And what is it you know about leadership?

#44 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

And what is it you know about leadership?

i think he answered that...

not a goddamn thing, myself.

his follow-up post does nothing to detract from that.

#45 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

i think he answered that...
his follow-up post does nothing to detract from that.

Usually people who place little value on leadership have no cognition of the concept.

#46 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• Locationnc
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

phil savage is a browns reject.. panthers dont need any more of that poo.

#47 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

First thing I would ask him to do is to hire someone to let the fans know how to act during the game. I went to the game yesterday, and I swear i was the loudest person in the entire stadium. I'm tired of letting opponents take over our stadium and make more noise than us. If you are at the game, you should be constantly yelling while the team is on defense and SHUT UP while the team is on offense. the only time I heard someone try to start a chant was then we were on O. I swear, we need to educate these fans...

#48 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Usually people who place little value on leadership have no cognition of the concept.

I never said I didn't value leadership, only that I know that the outcome of football games have almost nothing to do with it. Anyone with a modicum of NFL history under their belt would remember the long line of dysfunctional but talented teams that won consistently despite fielding some of the most selfish, infighting and downright stupid players imaginable.

Football is a game, not a company, and all this squawking of "leadership" issues overlooks the real problems (like idiotic coaching.)

#49 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• LocationChina Grove, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

I never said I didn't value leadership, only that I know that the outcome of football games have almost nothing to do with it. Anyone with a modicum of NFL history under their belt would remember the long line of dysfunctional but talented teams that won consistently despite fielding some of the most selfish, infighting and downright stupid players imaginable.

Football is a game, not a company, and all this squawking of "leadership" issues overlooks the real problems (like idiotic coaching.)

Eh - player leaders aren't the most important thing in the world but you'd be foolish to discount the value of an emotional leader on the field. Ray Lewis, for instance, had an impact on that Ravens defense far beyond what his (admittedly plentiful) talent brought to the field. The same could probably be said for Breesus in New Orleans. We could make a list. Units with an emotional team leader on the field with them can play with an edge that teams without that often don't have.

I wouldn't focus on leadership above other things but I certainly wouldn't treat it as an afterthought.

#50 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Eh - player leaders aren't the most important thing in the world but you'd be foolish to discount the value of an emotional leader on the field. Ray Lewis, for instance, had an impact on that Ravens defense far beyond what his (admittedly plentiful) talent brought to the field. The same could probably be said for Breesus in New Orleans. We could make a list. Units with an emotional team leader on the field with them can play with an edge that teams without that often don't have.

I wouldn't focus on leadership above other things but I certainly wouldn't treat it as an afterthought.

I wouldn't want a team of squabbling children, for sure, but ever notice that only high profile players are ever considered "leaders?" Nobody gives a rip what some backup tight end does, even if he's the first one in and the last to leave, because he's a nobody in the media's mind. They lavish accolades on Tom Brady's leadership ability when the Patriots eke out Super Bowls and then question his standing in the locker room when they lose them. It's a farce, simple and plain, and one that fans willingly buy into because it makes them think that all it would take is a little bit of magical thinking to solve the team's problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users