• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

i will nominate you xclr82xtc as the 15yr old keyboard GM of the year.

#32 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yes, because tanking the rest of the season would be a great way to get rid of the losing culture we've established...

#33 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Maybe if the team tries to lose they'll end up winning games

Because we seem to fail at nearly every single thing we set out to do

#34 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

We should never play to lose a game. The new GM and Head Coach should see who we should keep and offer the high paid players a restructured contract or trade them for more draft picks. We could then trade up using the extra picks. No matter, we should cut or trade Clausen and draft a QB to push Cam brcause he will be on his last year of his contract and may walk.

#35 thennek

thennek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

When you look at the 6 remaining games, the Panthers have a legit chance at winning 4 of them: Philly, KC, San Diego, and Oakland. They end up winning 4 of 6, and at a record of 6-10. Sound familiar?

#36 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,400 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Coaches are coaching for their future.

Players are playing for roster spots.

Nobody can afford to tank right now.

The idea is utterly unrealistic.

#37 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

think about it a different way, it looks like the top WR will be a 2/3 pick this season. We can win out, and pick 12-15th and maybe get the 2nd or 3rd wr, OR we can have a number 1 QB throwing to a #1 WR. on top of that, a couple of really good o line guys are predicted to go early in the second. and the rookies are cheap.

This would never work. it takes us 2-3 years to develop a WR before we cut him...

#38 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,728 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I agree...to a point. See, I HATE the idea of throwing games away and conceding a loss in order to ensure draft position. I really, really do. At the same time, it is pointless to risk injury of some guys who have semi-serious nicks and bruises. Rest anybody who MAY be hurt, pull guys up off the bench or practice squad (if you have to) and see what they've got. Rest of the season should be about staying healthy and evaluation of talent across the board so that the new GM has good film of most of the roster and can see what he has to work with and maximizing our roster for next year. If we can win a game, win it, but don't do anything silly like let a guy play through injury or anything like that.

#39 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Need to lose out is a bunch of crap. Anyone who has a competetive bone in their body knows you want to win everytime out, regardless of record. If we have quitters on this team they need to be weeded out. No draft pick is a sure bet.This team needs more than just a high first round pick to turn things around.

#40 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

It will never happen....last year we had a golden opportunity to lose out and even give the Colts a win that would have sealed the deal...we didn't do it.

We could have traded Luck or Cam for 4 very high picks.

#41 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

This year is not a great year to have a high pick. There are not too many sure fire high picks at skill positions this year.

#42 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

if i was losing i would step back and approach the problem and correct it. not expect someone to come help me. I garuntee if i was gm/coach the team wouldnt of ever failed like this. and yes, for the rest of the season, i would make sure the 2nd string guys got plenty of playing time. Id find the people that step up, make new captains. Cams leadership role would be addressed, and id cut some players just for cap space for new talent. and i would find the ones that are bringing the team down and get rid of them. CJ said people arent putting in work.. cut them!! its not a complicated recipe, but in doing so i would maximize the potential for next season (key) by limiting starters, preventing injuries, high draft picks, and getting 2/3 guys playing time so they are ready to step in next season on rotation. garuntee a 12 win season doing it my way

How old are you? and this ain't madden.

#43 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

if i was losing i would step back and approach the problem and correct it. not expect someone to come help me. I garuntee if i was gm/coach the team wouldnt of ever failed like this. and yes, for the rest of the season, i would make sure the 2nd string guys got plenty of playing time. Id find the people that step up, make new captains. Cams leadership role would be addressed, and id cut some players just for cap space for new talent. and i would find the ones that are bringing the team down and get rid of them. CJ said people arent putting in work.. cut them!! its not a complicated recipe, but in doing so i would maximize the potential for next season (key) by limiting starters, preventing injuries, high draft picks, and getting 2/3 guys playing time so they are ready to step in next season on rotation. garuntee a 12 win season doing it my way

Point 1: Losing out will improve our chances of winning next season due to higher draft picks. Maybe, depending on how well we draft. I can along with you that it should imporve our chances of winning next season.

Point 2: You would tank the rest of the season by playing 2nd string players over 1st string "plenty". Would you tell the players and the rest of the coaching staff that you were doing so to tank the rest of the season? Do you know what will happen when the players and coaches leak your intentions to the media and J.R? They will. Do you know that many of our players have incentive-laden contracts? In other words, x number of sacks = $xxxxxx for CJ. By sitting them you cost them major money this season. They will go tell everyone in the NFL and the world that you wronged them. Good FAs will not come here as a result, at least so long as you're here, but you wouldn't be for long.

So I do agree that losing helps to a certain degree for next season, but losing intentionally for the rest of the season is not possible.

#44 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

More fuggin loser talk! I swear these threads are top 5 in dumbest poo I've ever read.

#45 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

what the hell else we have to talk about... our superbowl chances? lmao everyone has their opinion, but if kuechly or davis tear an acl, or if CJ rips a bicep, or something major happens to cam to sit him next season.. was it worth it to prove a point?? its a fine line between how much i would let the starters and the scrubs play. i wouldnt just tell them to let the other team score everytime.. hey think about it this way. cam and company would have some motivation knowing they have 1 half to put points on the board before they get benched. so when that happens, and you see the team come out and play as a unit, you have also improved the team for next season.. there is a method to the madness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com