Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob London, our next GM (dafuq?)

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol agent for forte and Jones-drew. 2 guys who just can't get paid for some odd reason.

Posted

whered he go?

Not sure man, haven't seen him around. Maybe he's lurking.

Posted

Let's not forget Marty Hurney was a journalist who started in the PR department for the Redskins.

Bobby Beathard threw him a bone when he moved to San Diego and somehow Hurney parlayed that into being our completely unqualified General Manager and cap expert.

I'll believe a quality GM hire when I see it, this bozo would be no surprise.

Posted

Could be, but I doubt it. I think he is in the running, however, I would look over to the Giants staff for your answer.

Posted

Before we get all emotionaled up about how Jerry is an evil warlord, keep in mind that this is only from a tweet that a Charlotte City Councilman whose football credentials are nil and is mainly in charge of putting up low income housing in the Charlotte area. NJPanthers is a more credible source.

Everyone please read this post....

Mods consider closing this thread

1 person likes this

Posted

From the link...

David Howard is a member of the Charlotte City Council-- looking to work for the people of the Queen City to solve some of its most difficult problems. He also doesn't mind a good NFL scoop every once in a while.

If Howard's NFL circles are right, then we all best prepare ourselves to head into an NFL nuclear winter. Thankfully, however, I don't think this is remotely close to being a possibility, and for a variety of reasons.

In short, and with all due respect to David Howard-- I'm not buying it. When an organization brings in Ernie Accorsi, it's to mine his knowledge about up-and-comers from inside the league, with specific knowledge garnered about possible wunderkinds waiting in the wings. It's not to bring him in, then hire somebody with no NFL experience. Judging by the company he keeps, Rob London is a gifted evaluator of NFL talent, and should he choose to cross the aisle into an organization he could fair very well; but as a GM? No thanks.
1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty clear some of you folks haven't read the linked article yet.

The rumor didn't come from Dator. It came from someone else (David Howard).

Dator said he wasn't buying it.

You also realise Dator has as many links to the Panthers as you or I do, right?

Not entirely sure why he's being brought up. He's just another fan.

Posted

LOL he will resign or delete twitter once we lose a game next year because everyone on here will be at his throat

Posted

You also realise Dator has as many links to the Panthers as you or I do, right?

Not entirely sure why he's being brought up. He's just another fan.

I have no link to Dator either. The reason I mentioned him was that people were blaming him for the rumor. In the article, he gave the actual source, and explained why he didn't believe it.

Just setting the record straight.

Posted

Guys I'm new to the forum but I wanted to add my 2 cents. I think Dator didn't do a comprehensive search on Rob London (I did a 5 minute fact finding session). Turns out, the guy is said to be smart, has an excellent football IQ, and was groomed (in his college football playing days at Delaware State University) by guys who are currently high ranking NFL team executives! Duh, is this not what we want, a person who was groomed for this business since he was a young bright player himself? The Raiders hired Reggie McKenzie, duh a former "Player" and he was also groomed with the packers org. Guys I like the sound of London! Lets use commom sense and reserve "shooting" our loads if we havent done our research. Here are some things I've found on the guy from last year when the Raiders interviewed him:

More on Robert London

• 37-yrs old
  • Vice President at Dowicon1.png Lohnes Law Firm (Washington, DC)
  • Grew up in Elizabeth, NJ
  • Played football (running back) at Delaware State University
  • Coached in college by Nick Polk (Falcons front office), and TJ McCreight (Cardinals front office)
  • Degree in Business Administration
  • Also worked in the financial sector as an Analyst

Radio interview:

The guy has to be bright, he sits with ambassadors

He's quoted in the Wall St Journal-Read the 4th paragraph

I like him! But what do I know, I just searched him for 5 minutes.

Mateo

**Update** I heard he turned the Raiders down because he likes working for the individual athlete! WHoa, GM's make like 3 million a year and he turned that and the "power" of running an organization down.. GET THIS GUY!!!

Posted

No.

1 person likes this

Posted

No.

Watch it happen lol

1 person likes this