#61 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,660 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Um if they met on a gay sex chat line with an age restriction of 18, shouldn't the chat line be the ones being sued for allowing a 15 year old on it? Someone should be able to get on those with peace of mind that the company isn't setting them up with kids.

how is a website supposed to monitor that? most of the time you just click a "yes, i am 18 or older" button and you're in. what realistic metrics can be put in place to stop an underage person from entering?

it is an interesting point though. was the age of the 15-year-old communicated at the time of the meeting? if so that would trump any blame placed on the social medium because the alleged perp knew exactly what he was dealing with at that point.

#62 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,381 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

how is a website supposed to monitor that? most of the time you just click a "yes, i am 18 or older" button and you're in. what realistic metrics can be put in place to stop an underage person from entering?

it is an interesting point though. was the age of the 15-year-old communicated at the time of the meeting? if so that would trump any blame placed on the social medium because the alleged perp knew exactly what he was dealing with at that point.

It wasn't a website, it was a telephone chat line. I guess his parents weren't curious about the gay sex line charges on the phone bill.

#63 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,660 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

It wasn't a website, it was a telephone chat line. I guess his parents weren't curious about the gay sex line charges on the phone bill.

ahh my bad. still, how would they verify?

#64 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,381 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Off the top of my head, by requiring membership and approval. I'm certain that in their advertisements they make note that it's 18+. If you are putting a product out there and saying "This is a place for adults to meet for sexual activities" then I definitely think there is an onus with the company to make sure that is in fact the case. Brothels do it, strip clubs do it, is it unreasonable that sex lines do it?

If you order a steak in a restaurant, and they bring it out and you eat it, then find out that it was pork, does that make you a bad jew? Or should the restaurant have made sure they were serving what was advertised?

#65 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,143 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Man, there sure are a lot of ifs, ands or buts here.

Who cares what political, religious, ethnic or funding origins were in any situation. If a guy/gal breaks the law and messes with someone underage, all the other crap is just that, crap.

Christion, catholic, black, white, puppeteer or congressman, put them away.

#66 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,611 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

BTW I'd like to point out that the word "homosexual" is irrelevant to this topic and, as such, shouldn't even be in the title...

Sexual preference does not contribute to the accusations of pedophilia, and to insinuate such nonsense by including the word in the title is nothing more than a subtle attempt to get a knee jerk reaction from people's subconscious and perpetuate your uneducated opinion...

Veiled bigotry is still bigotry...

/signed by an absolutely straight man that is disgusted by the perpetual discrimination of people because of an innate sexual preference

#67 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Meat assured me it's p. difficult to tell how old the operators working for a gay phone sex company are.

#68 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,167 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

So who is the victim here? Or dog gone it because there isn't a choice nobody can be held accountable? I'm gonna use that with the IRS. Yeah guys sorry I haven't paid you. Its in my dna not to follow thru so you can't blame me.

I hope none of this is true but wow do we downplay some wacky junk.

#69 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,381 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

If it's proven that he actually did something, nobody will be downplaying it. Until then, I'll go by my "gut feeling" that it's a BS accusation like a lot of "Oh, me too!" accusers end up being.

Or did you change your mind and we can't go by "feelings" now?

#70 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,167 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

two scenarios where bits of info have come in. the first one to me, stacked up quite nicely as not passing the smell test. no biases involved.

the second one is not as clear and im hopeful none of its true for both parties involved sake.

if you have never had gut instincts about things or a hunch then i suggest you let go of trying to be Data.

gobble gobble

#71 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Meat assured me it's p. difficult to tell how old the operators working for a gay phone sex company are.

Meat just wanted you to leave the room so he could commence to servicing your mom.

#72 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,381 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

Bumping this thread to update that every single case against Clash has been thrown out of court, and appeals court, as baseless. The accuser this thread was about admitted he lied, and the last of the subsequent money-grubbers have just lost their appeals.

Can never restore his name, though. To most people he'll forever be "homosexual pedophile."

#73 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

Wow. Thanks for the update.

#74 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,559 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

His documentary about his life is incredible about acheiving your dreams. It was on Netflix and is highly reccomended.

Sad that his rep is ruined and he probally will not be able to recoup his losses with counter suits.

G5 could not wait to post such a bigoted title with so much glee...

#75 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

g5 completely and utterly wrong again? Say it ain't so!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.