Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medlock Waived

152 posts in this topic

Posted

I know he's not directly responsible for putting points on the board, but if Medlock gets canned - Nortman shouldve been cut today too. Half the reason Rivera plays the 4th quarter like a petrified mouse in a snake cage is because he doesn't have any confidence in the kid.

Posted

message from rivera to the team...we lose again and someone else on STs is gonna get cut.

Posted

Says the clown who's screen name contains the name "munnerlyn". Medlock deserved to hit the street. Not clutch. End of story.Youre a jackhole.

Tell that to the 45 yarder near the end of the bears game

Posted

J.J. Jansen better be praying for a win this week.

3 people like this

Posted

I don't get the overreactions to this move. He wasn't the team's weakest link, but he certainly wasn't a strength. Most of his kicks this year have had me holding my breath. Few, if any, of them have been down the center, pretty kicks. I applaud Beane for recognizing an area we could probably improve in and doing something about it.

Posted

Justin was 7-10, not bad certainly not bad enough to place blame on him.

Gano on the other hand "He has connected on 59-of-80 field goals and 59-of-61 extra points as a pro, but his numbers are much better when blocked kicks are taken out of the equation. In Washington, he had six field goals and two PATs blocked. Minus those, he ranked second in franchise history with a 79.8-percent conversion rate on field goals and was perfect on PATs."

Gano is a better kicker, its an upgrade.

what? loll

So it's not the kicker's fault for kicking too low when he has a high number of blocks? 8 blocked? Really?

Minus Medlock's block, he only missed 2 and 1 of those was a 50 yarder.

Posted

Eh, season is a wash so why not try Gano out? Hes been horrible but has a powerful leg and I dont see a problem giving him a shot.

Posted

Because you would need to replace him with another QB who would never see the field as opposed to the guy making every kick. The difference really isn't very difficult to understand is it?

You don't have to carry 3 QBs

Posted

While Medlock is certainly not the sole reason for this team sucking balls, he was a weak link who was very visible, and at this point I think it helps the rest of the teams psyche to see " something " being done by Rivera and Beane to attempt improvement.

Posted

While Medlock is certainly not the sole reason for this team sucking balls, he was a weak link who was very visible, and at this point I think it helps the rest of the teams psyche to see " something " being done by Rivera and Beane to attempt improvement.

So getting rid of one weak link, to bring in another, will help!?

Posted

Hate it for Medlock, but he isn't a NFL caliber kicker. Kasay anyone?

Posted

No point in not trying Gano out. But unless he is incredible over the next few weeks, we should draft a kicker. Or sign a good one.

Dustin Hopkins would easily be worth a 5th round pick.