Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medlock Waived

152 posts in this topic

Posted

A8O2uVTCAAEw4yx.jpg

Posted

what? loll

So it's not the kicker's fault for kicking too low when he has a high number of blocks? 8 blocked? Really?

Minus Medlock's block, he only missed 2 and 1 of those was a 50 yarder.

Not necessarily the kickers fault but think what you want.

Posted

Medlock was virtually dead last in kickoff distance and near the bottom in touchbacks. The local media was imagining things when they tried to tell us how strong his leg was in camp.

Posted

Sign Phil Dawson in the offseason. Draft a punter who can boom kicks with hang time. Who are the best one's in the draft this year?

Posted

Sign Phil Dawson in the offseason. Draft a punter who can boom kicks with hang time. Who are the best one's in the draft this year?

Draft another punter? The year after drafting one? That's brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Posted

Medlock is just the latest victim what I call The Curse of Jeff Lewis.

The Curse of Jeff Lewis is basically, head coach will remove the better and fan favorite player for a player HE wants.

i.e. Seifert dropping Beuerlein in favor of Jeff Lewis and Panthers QBs sucked until Delhomme was given the reigns. In the meantime team spirals down the drain and coach is fired.

Rivera (& Hurney) cut Kasey for Kasey-lite (Mare). Not much has changed. Both times players were well respected in the locker room, fan favorites, and leaders.

Posted

Well I honestly did not see this coming. In the overall atmosphere of this team, this is a desperation move.

I will do the usual, which is hope for the best. I think doing Kasay the way we did has cursed us.

Posted

Draft another punter? The year after drafting one? That's brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Nortman is garbage. If you want to waste cap on a punter in FA or are content with watching 6 yard punts every other game go right ahead. I wouldn't doubt it if Nortman gets the boot when we get a new GM and HC. (See what I did there)

Posted

Nortman is garbage. If you want to waste cap on a punter in FA or are content with watching 6 yard punts every other game go right ahead. I wouldn't doubt it if Nortman gets the boot when we get a new GM and HC. (See what I did there)

It would be a waste. Drafting punters in back to back seasons is ridiculous. They can find a UDFA if Nortman is let go. No need in drafting one when we have plenty of holes that are much, much more glaring! See what I did there. Thank you for the input. Come again.

Posted

wtf have we been talking about the kicker for 10 pages?

this thread needs gifs

Posted

It would be a waste. Drafting punters in back to back seasons is ridiculous. They can find a UDFA if Nortman is let go. No need in drafting one when we have plenty of holes that are much, much more glaring! See what I did there. Thank you for the input. Come again.

That wasn't really a play on words, but whatever works for you. UDFA is fine with me. Actually better since we don't have a 6th or 7th I believe. I just want the next Lechler (pipedream) and not have to worry about PRs already. Nortman was a horrible pick at the time. Not to mention there were better punters on the board.

Posted

Ohhh Gano wearing Kasay's old #4. That's gotta burn worse than whatever STD(s) Shockey has at the moment.