22 replies to this topic

#16 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Only bright spot of the team.

Don't overlook Charles Johnson who's having an even better year than Hardy and Kurchley who is a top 10 MLB as a rookie. There is also Frank Alexander who is showing great potential and Thomas Davis who is a top 10 OLB. It's a pessimistic view to say Hardy is the only bright spot.

#17 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Don't overlook Charles Johnson who's having an even better year than Hardy and Kurchley who is a top 10 MLB as a rookie. There is also Frank Alexander who is showing great potential and Thomas Davis who is a top 10 OLB. It's a pessimistic view to say Hardy is the only bright spot.

And Dwan Edwards.

#18 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Add a link please

done.

#19 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Love it when national press routinely use words like "baffling" to describe our offensive gameplanning.

#20 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

The two tight end set? We need someone like Shockey back.

Look at Luck; he got his college TE and a pretty good TE in Allen his first year. I think a 2nd tight end is somewhat a back-thought for most people, but I think thats what made Cam such a monster last year.

#21 WilmyWood

WilmyWood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

I have never been more worried this year than when I saw 76 and 95 lying side by side after colliding during the Bucs game.

Talk about players we can't do without...

#22 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,584 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Love it when national press routinely use words like "baffling" to describe our offensive gameplanning.

Was thinking the exact same thing when I read...

What has also been baffling has been how Carolina has gone away from the two- and three-tight end sets that were so successful last season.

Pretty much everything about the offensive play calling is baffling. Olsen is not a good blocker, yet we line him up against Von Miller... the read option has been destroyed all season, yet it continues to be run over and over... we have two solid RBs and a bowling ball in Mike Tolbert, yet we only had 33 carries in the last game... it's just simply unbelievable...

What are Chud and Rivera seeing that has caused them to do this? It makes no sense, when everyone from Jaworski to armchair QB's like us see that this stuff isn't working at all???

On the positive side, I don't think anyone foresaw what our Dline has been able to do... those guys are playing with effort and heart on every down, and it is awesome.

#23 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

Was thinking the exact same thing when I read...

Pretty much everything about the offensive play calling is baffling. Olsen is not a good blocker, yet we line him up against Von Miller... the read option has been destroyed all season, yet it continues to be run over and over... we have two solid RBs and a bowling ball in Mike Tolbert, yet we only had 33 carries in the last game... it's just simply unbelievable...

What are Chud and Rivera seeing that has caused them to do this? It makes no sense, when everyone from Jaworski to armchair QB's like us see that this stuff isn't working at all???

On the positive side, I don't think anyone foresaw what our Dline has been able to do... those guys are playing with effort and heart on every down, and it is awesome.

Didn't you read todays Observer? They're "tweaking" the running game. In Week 10. "Its a chess match", per Rivera. Bafflling....

And hell yes, the D-line is the biggest and best surprise this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.