Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Opinion on the Target, WalMart, (Other Bigbox Retailer Here) Thanksgiving Protests

142 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm sure some of the Target employees were protesting so they could stay home and watch the football games yesterday.

Oh, the facilities management crew and concession stand employees at the stadiums didn't want to go to work on Thanksgiving either? Tough, I want to watch my football!

Posted · Report post

If they don't want to work, I'll do it. Could use a few extra bucks to make ends meet this month.

If wasn't sick, I'd work as well. Single, no family here, between GF's. It ought to be employees who feel like Jase and I do work from whenever Thanksgiving evening to some ungodly hour of the morning.

With this economy, they ought to be thankfull they have a job. Back when I was in highschool, I worked at a grocery store. I had to work from 8AM-4PM every Thanksgiving. (The only time we were closed was Christmas day.) My Mom was actually happy that she didn't have to get up at 4AM to put the turkey in!

Posted · Report post

Hotel=hours other people don't work.

Uugh! The only job I had that I actually hated. I'd go so far as to say one of the reasons I worked so hard to get where I am now is to insure I never had to do that poo again.

Posted · Report post

I didn't notice any shortage of employees at any of the stores I went to last night in Wilson. For the first time ever, walmart had ALL registers open, including the pharmacy, layaway, garden center, sporting goods, etc. We didn't even attempt Target last night; we were done shopping before they even opened. Thank you, stores that opened at 9.

My daughter and I usually start around 10ish and shop until we can't shop any more. If not for us having to travel to Greensboro for a football game today, we'd have shopped more stores.

Posted · Report post

I didn't notice any shortage of employees at any of the stores I went to last night in Wilson. For the first time ever, walmart had ALL registers open, including the pharmacy, layaway, garden center, sporting goods, etc. We didn't even attempt Target last night; we were done shopping before they even opened. Thank you, stores that opened at 9.

My daughter and I usually start around 10ish and shop until we can't shop any more. If not for us having to travel to Greensboro for a football game today, we'd have shopped more stores.

Target opened at 9...

Posted · Report post

Ours didn't. Opened at midnight.

Posted · Report post

You should have seen the women in Belk's last year fighting over boots.

Posted · Report post

In short we value buying cheap Chinese crap we don't need over everyone spending time with their families and loved ones on the holidays.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

In short we value buying cheap Chinese crap we don't need over everyone spending time with their families and loved ones on the holidays.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Police officers....firemen...hospital workers...emt's...etc all work on holidays.

And it is the losers who chose to work at Wal-mart that are bitching. Priceless.

If you don't like working evenings, week-ends, and holidays...don't go into retail.

That us like a bartender complaining that they gave to work every fri and sat night.

Posted · Report post

A poster unironically groups critical public services and retail together.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Posted · Report post

this thread has been another visit to the magical kingdom of meritocracy USA, where people who work crappy jobs should just get a better one and everything a person has is courtesy of a direct 1:1 relationship with how hard they've worked.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments