Photo
- - - - -

Your Opinion on the Target, WalMart, (Other Bigbox Retailer Here) Thanksgiving Protests

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#136 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,910 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Supply and demand over and over again. Celebs pro ath etc make obscene money. But guess what? As long as someone is willing to pay them it won't stop.
Same here. The data is there to suggest you can make great money with certain degrees as well as how much it can cost and yet it doesn't phase anyone.

Where is al this education lottery money? What about when a schools sports program makes a profit, does it help to lower tuition costs?
We proly have more book smart people than ever before but they can't create or build or produce much. So now we have a labor log jam and even if someone wants to hire the wages are beneath some.
Messed up right now.

#137 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,910 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Supply and demand over and over again. Celebs pro ath etc make obscene money. But guess what? As long as someone is willing to pay them it won't stop.
Same here. The data is there to suggest you can make great money with certain degrees as well as how much it can cost and yet it doesn't phase anyone.

Where is al this education lottery money? What about when a schools sports program makes a profit, does it help to lower tuition costs?
We proly have more book smart people than ever before but they can't create or build or produce much. So now we have a labor log jam and even if someone wants to hire the wages are beneath some.
Messed up right now.

#138 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,093 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

4 years of tuition only for an in state public school is probably around $10K a year. If you include room, board, and books, $20K-$25K.

just saying. for me, about 40k included books & the nicest apartments on campus for 3 of the 4 years.

All anecdotal of course. And unc charlotte has consistently been rated one of the best bang for buck institutions.

#139 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Messed up right now.

in fairness, school sports programs almost never make a profit.

as I recall, only about 1/5th of schools actually make money using sports... median loss is around $11 million.

yea, that makes f*cking sense.

#140 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,093 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

in fairness, school sports programs almost never make a profit.

as I recall, only about 1/5th of schools actually make money using sports... median loss is around $11 million.

yea, that makes f*cking sense.

Let me just say I am happy my school is getting a football team.

And let me say that I am even happier this football team came just after I graduated.

#141 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Yes. All these compare well to working Black Friday

How don't they compare well? They are all businesses, in it for the money. What's different?

#142 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,503 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Idiot people will find all kinds of reasons to stand in line to save $20 bucks on something or feel they are getting something for free.

It's what makes them idiots. Time/material costs to do these things do not factor in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com