Photo
- - - - -

Your Opinion on the Target, WalMart, (Other Bigbox Retailer Here) Thanksgiving Protests

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#76 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I didn't notice any shortage of employees at any of the stores I went to last night in Wilson. For the first time ever, walmart had ALL registers open, including the pharmacy, layaway, garden center, sporting goods, etc. We didn't even attempt Target last night; we were done shopping before they even opened. Thank you, stores that opened at 9.

My daughter and I usually start around 10ish and shop until we can't shop any more. If not for us having to travel to Greensboro for a football game today, we'd have shopped more stores.

#77 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

I didn't notice any shortage of employees at any of the stores I went to last night in Wilson. For the first time ever, walmart had ALL registers open, including the pharmacy, layaway, garden center, sporting goods, etc. We didn't even attempt Target last night; we were done shopping before they even opened. Thank you, stores that opened at 9.

My daughter and I usually start around 10ish and shop until we can't shop any more. If not for us having to travel to Greensboro for a football game today, we'd have shopped more stores.

Target opened at 9...

#78 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Ours didn't. Opened at midnight.

#79 Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh

__Ready To Win__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

#80 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

You should have seen the women in Belk's last year fighting over boots.

#81 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

In short we value buying cheap Chinese crap we don't need over everyone spending time with their families and loved ones on the holidays.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

#82 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,955 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

In short we value buying cheap Chinese crap we don't need over everyone spending time with their families and loved ones on the holidays.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Police officers....firemen...hospital workers...emt's...etc all work on holidays.

And it is the losers who chose to work at Wal-mart that are bitching. Priceless.

If you don't like working evenings, week-ends, and holidays...don't go into retail.

That us like a bartender complaining that they gave to work every fri and sat night.

#83 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

A poster unironically groups critical public services and retail together.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

#84 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,129 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

this thread has been another visit to the magical kingdom of meritocracy USA, where people who work crappy jobs should just get a better one and everything a person has is courtesy of a direct 1:1 relationship with how hard they've worked.

#85 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,955 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

A poster unironically groups critical public services and retail together.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Don't like working weekends and holidays....don't work in retail.

Maybe we should just kill the NFL. People should not be required to work on Sundays. They should be at home enjoying Sunday dinner with their families.

What about all of the people working for the networks to air those football and basketball games. Don't hear you complaining while you are enjoying yourself watching theses games.

What about the guy in the convenience store? i bet you would bitch if you could not fill up with gas on your holiday trip to visit your family.

#86 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,952 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

i have the answer. lets all work the exact same job the same days and hours a week. because we all have the same ambition and skill sets right?

#87 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,018 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

My wife is a med tech, she had to work yesterday, so no I don't feel a lot of sympathy. But I don't understand anyone that would want to shop on black friday or thanksgiving night. I can't imagine a worse torture.

#88 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Don't like working weekends and holidays....don't work in retail.

Maybe we should just kill the NFL. People should not be required to work on Sundays. They should be at home enjoying Sunday dinner with their families.

What about all of the people working for the networks to air those football and basketball games. Don't hear you complaining while you are enjoying yourself watching theses games.

What about the guy in the convenience store? i bet you would bitch if you could not fill up with gas on your holiday trip to visit your family.

Yes. All these compare well to working Black Friday

#89 Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh

__Ready To Win__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Fortunately, you apparently own some cheap Chinese crap so you have something you can access this forum with.
Hurrah! Hurrah!

#90 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

Living wage? I was making $7.50/hr and my friend at walmart was making $12/hr doing almost the same thing... Lol

I'm sorry your friend's been working at walmart for almost 10 years, that's very unfortunate. Because Walmart hires everyone between 7-8 dollars an hour, regardless of past work experience. You get 40 cent raises every year, that's it. Whether you blow house rodents for 8 hours a day or actually do work.

He'd have to have been there at least 8 years to be earning 12 dollars an hour.

Take it from someone who worked for them for 6 years during high school/undergrad.

I'll tell you guys some more stories if you'd like to hear them. Walmart is the devil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com