Photo
- - - - -

Your Opinion on the Target, WalMart, (Other Bigbox Retailer Here) Thanksgiving Protests

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#106 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,547 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

i think we should just revert to the caste system guys

i mean seriously if you're 18 and you don't have the means to go to college and be 'upwardly mobile' lolololol then it's because it's either your fault or it's just meant to be. either pull yourself up by your bootstraps like everyone ever who's successful did your just read some books on dharma and deal with it.

tired of you pinhead commies and your altruistic benevolence crap. i mean when i say i believe everything i have was given to me by god DOESN'T ACTUALLY MEAN GOD GAVE IT TO ME OR ANYTHING so stop bringing that up, all of you

#107 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

He was 22 and worked in fish tanks department.

Then let's bring walmart down for using child labor.

#108 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Unskilled labor garners unskilled labor wages. It is as simple as that.

Want a better paying job....actually give a damn about school and education.

Walmart is actually better than most retailers in that they DO give yearly raises, as shitty as they may be. I was just railing against the idea that someone's going to start out making 12 dollars an hour working anywhere in Walmart.

#109 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Did you guys know MadHatter owns his own business and paid for his education all while setting the Guinness world record for cat juggling?

#110 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

That doesn't surprise me, except the part about the cat juggling.

I paid for my education, and I didn't party in college. I graduated with a whopping $1,100 of debt, and worked a few shitty jobs until I got enough experience to actually get a good one. And I never thought it was unfair, I just figured that I was paying my dues and if I kept at it, I would eventually be successful. That was the "social contract" I was raised to believe in. I don't think it was the same one referred to earlier in this thread, though.

FWIW, I remember delivering newspapers at 14 on Christmas Eve. Child labor, sub-minimum wage, AND working a holiday. Scarred for life, huh?

#111 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Walmart is actually better than most retailers in that they DO give yearly raises, as shitty as they may be. I was just railing against the idea that someone's going to start out making 12 dollars an hour working anywhere in Walmart.

They have some higher skill positions such as the pharmacy jobs that probably start at more than 12 bucks an hour. But I imagine the average starting salary in the 7-8 an hour range.

#112 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, let's not take someone seriously who is a financial and business success. Let's just listen to people like you continue to blame others for your shitty and financially poor existence. We could learn so much on how NOT to achieve success from you.

what did you read that somehow made you think i was conveying personal bitterness?

gov't paid for like 85% of my college education and i've already been working with a financial company, and i've got an interview lined up for a management position internship next week. Nothing to be bitter about

#113 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

That doesn't surprise me, except the part about the cat juggling.

I paid for my education, and I didn't party in college. I graduated with a whopping $1,100 of debt, and worked a few shitty jobs until I got enough experience to actually get a good one. And I never thought it was unfair, I just figured that I was paying my dues and if I kept at it, I would eventually be successful. That was the "social contract" I was raised to believe in. I don't think it was the same one referred to earlier in this thread, though.

FWIW, I remember delivering newspapers at 14 on Christmas Eve. Child labor, sub-minimum wage, AND working a holiday. Scarred for life, huh?

yea but you're a walking fossil so that 1100 probably constituted like 1/2 the cost of a 4 year program

#114 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

The $1,100 represented about two months of living expenses when I decided not to work in my last couple of months of college.

Regardless, the values of that time (the 80s) were clearly different than they are today. For better or worse.

#115 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I enrolled in college a few times, just wasn't my cup of tea. I sure wish it was, but for now it's just not ideal. Will probably do online courses and/or part-time classes within the next few years. Just four classes short of an Engineering degree.

#116 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Did you guys know MadHatter owns his own business and paid for his education all while setting the Guinness world record for cat juggling?

I hope you are drunk. If not, you truly have the IQ of a turnip.

Don't be jealous that I made more money last year than you make in a decade.

If only your mother had known she was pregnant a few weeks earlier. Then she could have aborted you like she wanted. Instead, she got a son that has to wear a protective helmet and has to wear shoes with velcro.

#117 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I enrolled in college a few times, just wasn't my cup of tea. I sure wish it was, but for now it's just not ideal. Will probably do online courses and/or part-time classes within the next few years. Just four classes short of an Engineering degree.

Good luck in finishing your degree. Just keep remembering how close you are.

#118 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

what did you read that somehow made you think i was conveying personal bitterness?

gov't paid for like 85% of my college education and i've already been working with a financial company, and i've got an interview lined up for a management position internship next week. Nothing to be bitter about

Good luck on your upcoming interview. You will soon be a financial success and expected to pay 75% tax rates to support all of the deadbeats out there.

#119 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

I hope you are drunk. If not, you truly have the IQ of a turnip.

Don't be jealous that I made more money last year than you make in a decade.

If only your mother had known she was pregnant a few weeks earlier. Then she could have aborted you like she wanted. Instead, she got a son that has to wear a protective helmet and has to wear shoes with velcro.

You would think that someone as financially successful as yourself would be more secure with himself.
Instead, you're a bitter old man yelling about how much better you are than everyone else through your keyboard. Guess money doesn't buy contentment after all. I've said nothing about what I do or don't do with my life now, because I don't feel the need for a message board to know how amazing or terrible my life is. I'm happy with it. Sorry you can't say the same.

#120 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

They have some higher skill positions such as the pharmacy jobs that probably start at more than 12 bucks an hour. But I imagine the average starting salary in the 7-8 an hour range.

I don't even think they pay the pharmacy techs that much, but it's been a while since I worked there, so who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com