Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gano to wear #4

83 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I wish they would've cut Baker last year and picked up a punter who could also do kickoffs. Then Kasay could've hung around a lil longer.

Posted · Report post

Should have given him 17. If he's gonna choke away games with misses, let's at least give him a number that is more accurate for that.

Posted · Report post

Wow

*raises middle finger at front office*

Posted · Report post

funny. people pissed over some jersey worn by some old kicker that was given to some other kicker.

Posted · Report post

i hope jerry realizes #89 will be truly untouchable when it comes time for smitty to go

Posted · Report post

I guess that you have to die in order to be revered as sacred at BOA.

I realize the organization doesn't have the history of others, but if anyone's number should have been retired here, it should have been Kasay's. He should have been allowed to retire here as well.

Posted · Report post

I wanted to draft Alex Henery, and he has been killing it. FML.

Posted · Report post

why should kasay's jersey been retired?

cause he is a nice guy and an average/little above average kicker that just happened to be here forever?

sorry....that's setting the bar low.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1353525322' post='2011155']
i hope jerry realizes #89 will be truly untouchable when it comes time for smitty to go
[/quote]

The thought of some undrafted rookie free agent running around in preseason with 89 on some day, makes me cringe...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1353525454' post='2011162']

The thought of some undrafted rookie free agent running around in preseason with 89 on some day, makes me cringe...
[/quote]

i'm trying to picture the stadium reaction when a 7th rounder rookie scrub sashays onto the field with it. fugger would get booed for an hour.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='La Pantera' timestamp='1353522829' post='2011119']
10 misses in 2011 for Gano (more than Mare and most in the league)

3 misses in 2012 for Medlock

It speaks volumes that he was replaced by Cundiff, who also is horrible.
[/quote]

Just saying, out of the 10 misses for Gano, 4 were blocked. And a few were long ranged. Medlock made 50 yarders in windy city but couldnt make a 30 yarder to save his life to win the game

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Lilsmitty09' timestamp='1353525924' post='2011165']

Just saying, out of the 10 misses for Gano, 4 were blocked. And a few were long ranged. Medlock made 50 yarders in windy city but couldnt make a 30 yarder to save his life to win the game
[/quote]

Well one of Medlocks misses was a block. One was a 50 yard attempt. The other was a 41 yarder I believe. And BTW he didn't come close to kicking a 50 yarder in Chi town. And he only kicked one crunch time FG this season...and he made it.