Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gano to wear #4

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saying, out of the 10 misses for Gano, 4 were blocked. And a few were long ranged. Medlock made 50 yarders in windy city but couldnt make a 30 yarder to save his life to win the game

Well Ron hasn't given him that many chances. He's preffered to give those to the opponents.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well Ron hasn't given him that many chances. He's preffered to give those to the opponents.

Yeah, he only had one chance to hit a game clinching FG this year. The last kick in Chicago...and he made the clutch kick. Lilsmitty was talkin out his arse.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL, no pressure there.

Posted

lol kasay don't even care.

Posted

I mean, I'm all for John Kasay. I'm sure he is an upstanding individual and all around great guy. But it should be extremely rare for a kicker to have their number retired. The only case I can think of off-hand would be Adam Vinateri because he single handedly won the Patriots their superbowls.

Posted

lol kasay don't even care.

Why should he, really ?Wasn't he wearing the number 2 last year? And he hasn't officially retired yet. Right?

Posted

I mean, I'm all for John Kasay. I'm sure he is an upstanding individual and all around great guy. But it should be extremely rare for a kicker to have their number retired. The only case I can think of off-hand would be Adam Vinateri because he single handedly won the Patriots their superbowls.

The Browns retired #76 (Lou Groza).

Posted

Why should he, really ?Wasn't he wearing the number 2 last year? And he hasn't officially retired yet. Right?

i doubt he would.

it's not like that jersey was going to get retired.

Posted

why should kasay's jersey been retired?

cause he is a nice guy and an average/little above average kicker that just happened to be here forever?

sorry....that's setting the bar low.

I respect your opinion, but Kasay was an excellent kicker---as close to automatic as I've seen. Granted, I have been watching mostly the Panthers and am biased. But, still, Kasay was an excellent kicker comparatively.

Posted

Really? That's why the Forskins kept him...oh wait. They cut his ass for another sorry ass kicker. Then cut that sorry ass kicker. Gano blows....lets be real here.

yes lets be real - the Redskins know more about football than any team out there.

Posted

I don't get the Kasay hate from some of the derps on this forum. The fact that we haven't come close to finding his replacement 2 years later should make you clowns appreciate him more.