top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

why should kasay's jersey been retired?

cause he is a nice guy and an average/little above average kicker that just happened to be here forever?

sorry....that's setting the bar low.

I respect your opinion, but Kasay was an excellent kicker---as close to automatic as I've seen. Granted, I have been watching mostly the Panthers and am biased. But, still, Kasay was an excellent kicker comparatively.

#47 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Really? That's why the Forskins kept him...oh wait. They cut his ass for another sorry ass kicker. Then cut that sorry ass kicker. Gano blows....lets be real here.

yes lets be real - the Redskins know more about football than any team out there.

#48 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I don't get the Kasay hate from some of the derps on this forum. The fact that we haven't come close to finding his replacement 2 years later should make you clowns appreciate him more.

#49 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Posted Image

#50 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

why should kasay's jersey been retired?

cause he is a nice guy and an average/little above average kicker that just happened to be here forever?

sorry....that's setting the bar low.

If anyone should understand why Kasay's number should be retired, it's the boards biggest homer. Are you going through jaded, holiday blues?

#51 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

I respect your opinion, but Kasay was an excellent kicker---as close to automatic as I've seen. Granted, I have been watching mostly the Panthers and am biased. But, still, Kasay was an excellent kicker comparatively.

he was good enough to keep his job for 20 years or whatever. as he got older he was less accurate and more of a liability and the main reason he was kept around wasn't because he was so good...it was because he was so liked.

we should have replaced him before we did. we just picked the wrong guys to replace him with.

#52 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

If anyone should understand why Kasay's number should be retired, it's the boards biggest homer. Are you going through jaded, holiday blues?

i'm not quite the homer you make me out to be. i'm optimistic for sure, but whatever...

anyways, i was probably the first one to say that not only should he not get his jersey retired, but that the team should move on from him. after two years of having to burn two roster spots to do the job that kasay should be doing it was past time to move on.

#53 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

I don't get the Kasay hate from some of the derps on this forum. The fact that we haven't come close to finding his replacement 2 years later should make you clowns appreciate him more.

lol. not putting him on a pedestal equates to hate? meh....

#54 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

That pisses me off you don't spit in the face of the franchises best ever kicker by giving his number to someone that will never even compare. IDC about it being retired but you don't just give it to some random Joe.

#55 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I couldn't be happier that this happened. It always bothered me that an average kicker who was here for a long time was going to possibly have a statue and his number retired. At least this confirms this will not happen. Would be absolutely pathetic to have John Kasay number 4 retired. Steve Smith is the only one who should get it retired at this point.

#56 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,627 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Kasay had a fine year for NO after we let him go.

It would have been nice if we let him kick his last kick here and made a big production of it. But hey kickers are still kickers

#57 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

At this point the only way any numbers should be retired is if the franchise dissolves.

#58 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

After they retire John Kasay's number they might as well follow that up with Wesley Walls, Mike Rucker, Mike Minter, Brad Hoover, Muhsin Muhammad, Jake Delhomme, and Jordan Gross. All just fantastic fellows.

#59 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,918 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I think Kasay is a future ring of honor inductee as much for the way he carried himself during his long tenure as a Panther as anything else... classy guy and a pretty good kicker.

If you were evaluating Mills simply by his on-field performance in a Panthers uniform you could ask why he's a ROH inductee and has a statue outside the stadium.

You can knock Kasay for kicking the ball out of bounds during the SB, but we wouldn't have been there in the first place if he hadn't nailed a few clutch kicks that season.

#60 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,980 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

One good thing about Gano is that players usually get better after leaving Washington. I have not done any research to support this, just something I have noticed over the years. S.Davis comes to mind pretty quick, but others before him support my theory...

By all means, prove me wrong....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.