#61 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

care to use specifics or are you just driving by?

It nearly bankrupted them....which is exactly what many European countries are facing.

Most European countries offered free college in the past....and most are moving away from that in the past few years. Because they can't afford it....which is why students and young adults are up in arms all over Europe.

#62 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Your point is that it's not college students' fault.

My point is that fault is irrelevant.

If that wasn't your point, then you're not making your point very well.

I wasn't putting anyone at 'fault'. I was responding to someone ridiculously blaming a situation on an entire generation.

I tend to stay away from these generational arguments because they usually lack any real substance, but I laugh at the growing trend of baby boomers trying to paint younger generations as moochers and entitled brats. If anything the baby boomer generation is the most entitled the world has ever seen and they royally screwed it up for any subsequent generations.

#63 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,563 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

It nearly bankrupted them....which is exactly what many European countries are facing.

Most European countries offered free college in the past....and most are moving away from that in the past few years. Because they can't afford it....which is why students and young adults are up in arms all over Europe.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

#64 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,563 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Spain is doing so poorly cause they just sit around in their sombreros drinking tequila all day.

#65 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

jesus hatter, is it now ok to compare european demographics and economics to the US?

#66 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,563 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

And make up all your information? Yep.

#67 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

give the banks the keys to our education system? boffo idea!

stupid overpaid teachers... why don't you take on an honest profession, like banking!?

Didn't say that. I said to get the government out.

If you got the government out, you would get the banks out, if you got the banks out, cost of higher education would go down, cost of education goes down students don't need the insane amount of student loans.

Not that hard to understand.

#68 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

jesus hatter, is it now ok to compare european demographics and economics to the US?

but we are at the kids table

#69 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Didn't say that. I said to get the government out.

If you got the government out, you would get the banks out, if you got the banks out, cost of higher education would go down, cost of education goes down students don't need the insane amount of student loans.

Not that hard to understand.

I think the problem he had with your statement was banks be able to determine what loans to make based on the major.

I know a lot of doctors....trust me the world also needs 14th literary majors

#70 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,563 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

In Ireland, they only require students to pay a registration fee. Tuition is covered.

#71 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I think the problem he had with your statement was banks be able to determine what loans to make based on the major.

I know a lot of doctors....trust me the world also needs 14th literary majors

I was only being half serious about the banks deciding not to fund certain majors, but if they have to hold the paper I don't want the government to make it equal for all.

If certain people can get loans for cars the same should be said for student loans.

Also make student loans just like other loans, able to go away with bankruptcy.....but the government won't ever do that....as they backed the loans.

If the government does not back them the cost of education will go down.

#72 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

In Ireland, they only require students to pay a registration fee. Tuition is covered.

By whom?

It's free...duh.

#73 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,563 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

By whom?

It's free...duh.

The Exchequer.

#74 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Jesus beans...you are the ones who keep harping that we need programs like the European nations have. So yes, pointing out that many of those same countries are going away from those very programs is certainly relevant.

#75 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

What is really funny us that this is the most intelligent post you have made here in months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com