37 replies to this topic

#16 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Outside of fixing your butt hurt over the season so far, what would firing him after this game accomplish? nada. it's not going to make the team suck any less and will probably if anything make it suck more.

I'm tired of reading all these post about firing him now as if it will accomplish a damn thing, some people on here need to stop believing the NFL universe revolves around them.

*-P

What did firing Hurney in the middle of the season accomplish?

#17 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Give it a rest. He hasn't been fired by now, its not going to happen in season. They'll wait.

#18 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,984 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

he isn't going to be fired during the season

#19 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

I ain't going to lie, I'm kind of hoping we get blown out worse than what the Bears just got. That way all the media will be talking about how bad this team is, and JR's hand would be forced to fire him. I just want someone to take over for the rest of the season, who will run the full pro vertical offense. I want to see what Smitty has left in the tank. I want to see what it's like to have a 100 yard rushing game again. I want to see my QB throw for more than two touchdowns again.

#20 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Ive come to the conclusion that 99% of the people who post a thread on the huddle or for that matter even post , ( they) dont have a friggin clue.

#21 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

This reminds me of the Packers vs. Seahawks, and the whole replacement refs situation. After watching all the things that led up to that game (Specifically the Patriots/Ravens SNF game, where Belichick manhandled one of the replacements), I said to myself 'Something radical needs to happen to force the NFL to get the regulars back in there'. As the game wore on and was about to wrap up, I figured we would have to wait another week or so for that big controversial call to force the NFL's hand. Then on the very last play, Wilson's game winning interception, I shouted with joy and said within myself 'That's it!!!'

So I'm getting that feeling again. Only this time, the ones that will be gone, is Rivera and his deputy "Chud the dud".

#22 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

I don't think Rivera gets fired unless we get steam rolled on MNF like we did against the Giants

#23 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Rivera will finish the season and get fired the day after the season is over.

#24 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ive come to the conclusion that 99% of the people who post a thread on the huddle or for that matter even post , ( they) dont have a friggin clue.

Look I don't come to your job and tell you how to push the broom

#25 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

This reminds me of the Packers vs. Seahawks, and the whole replacement refs situation. After watching all the things that led up to that game (Specifically the Patriots/Ravens SNF game, where Belichick manhandled one of the replacements), I said to myself 'Something radical needs to happen to force the NFL to get the regulars back in there'. As the game wore on and was about to wrap up, I figured we would have to wait another week or so for that big controversial call to force the NFL's hand. Then on the very last play, Wilson's game winning interception, I shouted with joy and said within myself 'That's it!!!'

So I'm getting that feeling again. Only this time, the ones that will be gone, is Rivera and his deputy "Chud the dud".

See you get what I'm saying. I'm not saying fire Rivera if we lose one more game because the season is over. This isn't just another game is playing against a terrible rookie qb with no McCoy on Monday night football. Loosing this game would be embarrassing.

Just like that Seattle greenbay game it would be so horrible you have to do something

#26 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,304 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

It's like people have never followed the team before now!

#27 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

It's like people have never followed the team before now!

Meaning?

#28 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,304 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Meaning people who have followed the team wouldn't be expecting the firing of the HC before season end.

#29 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

What did firing Hurney in the middle of the season accomplish?

More time to find a new one, hire a consultant(accorsi) and give fans hope for the future maybe? Oh and if hurney were still here i would think this forum would be worse than ever as well.

#30 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Meaning people who have followed the team wouldn't be expecting the firing of the HC before season end.

You missed my post where I stated why I felt like Ron Rivera being fired after the season is the right move and that he wouldn't and shouldn't be fired during the season.

My point in this post is due to the Eagles injuries, missing their two most important players, and due to the fact of the game being played on Monday night football these circumstances raises the stakes a little bit.

I've been following this team for years and the Hurney firing proved one thing and that's the notion that anything can happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.