#1 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

http://www.charlotte...job-kasays.html

For the first time in franchise history, a player other than John Kasay – and another kicker, no less – will don the No. 4 jersey for Carolina in a regular-season game.

But Gano got Kasay’s blessing before outrage could set in.

“I talked to John Kasay about it. I know him pretty well,” said Gano, who wore No. 43 at Florida State and No. 4 with the Redskins. “We talked about it and he was fine about that. It was my number I had before, so I feel comfortable with that.

“John was a great kicker. He’s a guy I watched for years. I love the No. 4, so I feel very happy to be able to wear it here.”

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,408 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

That doesn't make it any less wrong.

That's like your best friend asking if he can date your ex-girlfriend. You're probably going to say yes, but your not going to be happy about it.

#3 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

It's just the kicker who cares?!? Lol

#4 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

That's like your best friend asking if he can date your ex-girlfriend. You're probably going to say yes, but your not going to be happy about it.

I'm just going to laugh at my friend and ask him how my dick tastes. Then tell him about her salad tossing fetish.

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,408 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm guessing you haven't been around the Panthers since the conception of the team. John Kasay embodies what the Carolina Panthers was and should be (not what it is currently), the Panthers Organization made a mistake in letting him go but are to prideful to admit that they made a mistake and re-sign him.

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,408 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

I'm just going to laugh at my friend and ask him how my dick tastes. Then tell him about her salad tossing fetish.

As comical as that is, you know good an well what I meant by that post.

#7 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,974 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

it's more like the situation you described except a bunch of people external to it are telling you how to feel.

#8 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm guessing you haven't been around the Panthers since the conception of the team. John Kasay embodies what the Carolina Panthers was and should be (not what it is currently), the Panthers Organization made a mistake in letting him go but are to prideful to admit that they made a mistake and re-sign him.

Me? I've followed the Panthers before they even played a snap. But I'll say the same thing I said in the other threads. I'd be willing to say, us fans are more upset than Kasay himself. Why get upset over something that doesn't even upset the man the number is tied too?

#9 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Kasay only continues to get more badass.

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,408 posts

it's more like the situation you described except a bunch of people external to it are telling you how to feel.

Don't get me wrong, Kasay cares way less than the Panthers fan base but to allow a kicker that most likely is just a rental to dawn the number four is pointless when there are so many more numbers he could take.

Individuals that have been fans since the conception of the team will understand me a little better. That is no shot to you or anyone else (for all I know, you have been a fan since the conception), it's just plain and simple... next to Sam Mills; John Kasay embodies what the Panthers Organization was all about (WAS... all about).

#11 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,754 posts

As comical as that is, you know good an well what I meant by that post.

Yeah, I understand.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,408 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Me? I've followed the Panthers before they even played a snap. But I'll say the same thing I said in the other threads. I'd be willing to say, us fans are more upset than Kasay himself. Why get upset over something that doesn't even upset the man the number is tied too?

See my first post...

Do you really think Kasay would say that he doesn't want Gano to wear his number? Do you honestly think Kasay would have said no?

#13 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,451 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

CP8789 don't waste your time.

#14 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

How exactly does he embody all that? By being some guy who kicked for a long time?

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

It became none of Kasay's business what Panther wears his number when he put on a Saints jersey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com