Photo
- - - - -

Alex Smith got benched

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#25 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Lmaoo Alex Smith got benched. Next time you diss Cam Newton you better keep your job boy.
Back on topic hes was picked 1st ovr and is benched in favor of a dual threat QB pieces coming together?

Most 49ers fans I know cant stand Smith. They know his limitations and arent fooled by his fraudulent QB stats. The 49ers have the #1 rushing attack in the NFL. And the 27th ranked passing attack. Smith is a "glorified Clausen", he constantly check downs and makes "safe" throws rather than force tough ones downfield. Hence the high completion rate and low amount of INTs. But in 8 years of football, dude has proven his arm cant win you games, just manage them. Those backs make Smith and Kap's job's a hell of a lot easier. Take away their run game, and both QBs would struggle, although I agree Kap can make throws and plays Smith wishes he could.

#26 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

PFFL kick rocks, and take that fairweather little girl csx with you. Kthxbye.

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

lol, the Mods never do their job around here. The only way the trash gets taken out is if Neg rep to Smack comes back.

the guy's supposed to be banned. probably has the record on alts created after a ban.

i've seen a lot of nasty insults in here lately as well. doesn't look like the huddle was serious long term about keeping it cleaned up in here.

#28 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

i've seen a lot of nasty insults in here lately as well. doesn't look like the huddle was serious long term about keeping it cleaned up in here.

The whole "cleaning the board up" apparently was a 1 day effort. Several of the threads in the last 3 days are loaded with posts that should be an absolute embarrassment to every mod or admin.

Yeah, the personal insults and worse generate posts. But I suspect there are many like me that visit here less and post less when the forum is cluttered with that kind of nonsense.

#29 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

It was one game buddy, take a deep breath.

Sorry, I think you missed the point.

People who want to defend the honor of Newton against Smith have no leg to stand on. Smith has been winning and playing quite efficiently. You just can't argue against his record and rating when you team is underperforming like ours is. SF has a QB controversy not because Smith played badly, but because the ceiling of Kaepernick is so high after he looked so good in the time he was given. He was the guy who was bigger, faster, and had a better arm than Cam in that draft class, that is saying a lot.

#30 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Cleaning up the board culminated in locking an old thread that I replied to which led to a legitimate discussion.

#31 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Jerry Richard$on and Gettledouche apologist

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

hey guys i'm panthersfanforlife

in this post i'm making a direct 1:1 comparison between two quarterbacks that play for two different teams and completely ignoring the vast differences in organizational soundness/structure, offensive philosophy, and coaching between the two. then i'll huff some more paint thinner.

#32 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Sorry, I think you missed the point.

People who want to defend the honor of Newton against Smith have no leg to stand on. Smith has been winning and playing quite efficiently. You just can't argue against his record and rating when you team is underperforming like ours is. SF has a QB controversy not because Smith played badly, but because the ceiling of Kaepernick is so high after he looked so good in the time he was given. He was the guy who was bigger, faster, and had a better arm than Cam in that draft class, that is saying a lot.

What lol. Yeah totally man! Alex Smith is such a dominant QB, it's not like he has a championship caliber squad and staff around him. If you put Smith behind center for the Panthers he would be slaughtered. On the flip side imagine what Cam could achieve in that system that actually plays to their quarterbacks strengths.

#33 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

What lol. Yeah totally man! Alex Smith is such a dominant QB, it's not like he has a championship caliber squad and staff around him. If you put Smith behind center for the Panthers he would be slaughtered. On the flip side imagine what Cam could achieve in that system that actually plays to their quarterbacks strengths.

well if you compare the YPP and INT % the panthers org and coaching staff is as good as san francisco's.

you will never win against PFFL. he argues from a presuppositional standpoint that quarterbacks win games by themselves (see all the rhetoric in this topic about "leading his team to XYZ") and is a stat cherry picker from hell. he'll also change what he's arguing about when the numbers don't wash anymore. last year he argued passionately that YPP (yards per point) was the ultimate, final, one stop shop offensive statistic and he used it endlessly to argue against cam because we were putting up tons of yards but points scored wasn't really reflecting it. then he abandoned it after our offense became a lot more efficient on the back stretch of 2011 and our YPP wound up in the top half of the league.

i also like the remarks about cam getting rivera and chudzinski fired. as if cam is in chud's ear forcing him to call some of the worst games i've ever seen.

#34 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

That doesn't make me feel any better about being 2-8.

#35 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

That doesn't make me feel any better about being 2-8.

i didn't get my giant edit in in time. added more information that explains it better.

#36 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Smith was playing well completing 70% of his passes for the same yards per attempt as Newton. He's got more tds and fewer interceptions. There is nothing for a Panther fan to talk poo about the guy, nothing at all.