Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 names in the grapevine for the GM job

55 posts in this topic

Posted

For where he was drafted many would say Crabtree hasn't lived up to the billing.

That said at the time he was probably the right pick..

This talk of a "moneyball" approach makes me a bit nervous, as well as his one time comment that he would never pay big money to Guards.

He may not want to pay them, but drafting Iupati in the first before the rookie wage scale shines a little light of that.

When judging Crabtree you really have to take into account the QB situation before Harbaugh and the fact that they still rely heavily on the run. I'm not his biggest fan, but I could see him as a stud in a better O, like NO, GB, Denver, etc.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like the rosters the Giants have put together.

I want that guy

Posted

Kurb is spelling Kuechly wrong in his user title.

Kuekly o_0

Posted

Scott also drafted that stud that plays beside Patrick Willis. I think his name is Navorro Bowman. I remember when he played at Penn State under Joe Paterno. I saw one game and I said when he gets into the league he will be a stud.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ross please.

Posted

If that list is legit though I would accept anyone of those guys for the GM job. Especially Eric Decosta, but it will be tough to pry him away from Baltimore.

1 person likes this

Posted

The Giants model fits what Richardson has been wanting this whole time but what Marty couldn't deliver. The Giants put the run offense first and their front four on D first. That same formula is what got us into the Super Bowl and we haven't sniffed it since because of the backslide in D line and O line talent the past 9yrs.

You start your team with those guys and your QB may have a clean jersey a couple games.

2 people like this

Posted

that whole 49ers thing is weird. not sure what to make of that mess. harbaugh benefited greatly, tho, from a team that was already pretty well built, largely thanks to the work that McC did.

if he had anything to do with the rebuild of the seahawks then i'm all for him being brought in as GM.

pretty solid prospect, imo.

not sure if he's better than ross or decosta, but still sounds better than hurney.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just want a real GM.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kurb is en fuego in this thread.

I dunno about this McCloughan guy though. Kinda spotty draft history similar to Marty. Here is another one of his DP gems: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilo_Rachal

I'm on board for Ross or DeCastro. I read online from Ravens fans that there is little chance he leaves though.

Posted

I like the rosters the Giants have put together.

I want that guy

A Giant prototype draft day would be the antichrist to what Hurney did.

The Giants haven't selected a LInebacker #1 since Carl Banks.

One thing for sure, we'd stop collecting LBs and RBs.

Posted

The Giants model fits what Richardson has been wanting this whole time but what Marty couldn't deliver. The Giants put the run offense first and their front four on D first. That same formula is what got us into the Super Bowl and we haven't sniffed it since because of the backslide in D line and O line talent the past 9yrs.

You start your team with those guys and your QB may have a clean jersey a couple games.

The Giants had the 32nd ranked run offense last year and arguably the best WR tandem in the league.

2 people like this