54 replies to this topic

#31 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,233 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I think Marc Ross has the best shot at becoming our next GM. Scot McCloughan does have a spotty draft history but some of his draft day deals he made and the guys he got has made the 49ers what they are today. Let's face it, their are a lot of GM's they hit or miss in the draft process. Their is noway you can be flawless during the draft. What some people don't realize is that the 49ers had a good team before Jim Harbaugh. They just didn't have any sense of direction coaching wise.

good points

It looks like we have a sensible fella helping ole' Jerry

I'd be fine with any of these three

#32 Avacashay

Avacashay

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

They like to focus drafting high at DE, CB and WR so no surprise.
Although at 32 last year they did go RB to address it.

Giants were REALLY high on Doug martin. But he was taken one pick before 32. The Giants with Doug Martin would have been...

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,666 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

McCloughlan was a name I had early on but moved to the back burner because Yasinskas said they were looking for someone who'd never been a GM before.

Hard to know how seriously to take this given that he mentions DeCosta who doesn't seem like a realistic option at all.

#34 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,182 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

good points

It looks like we have a sensible fella helping ole' Jerry

I'd be fine with any of these three

This doesn't mean that Mr.Richardson will listen to him!

#35 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,182 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

McCloughlan was a name I had early on but moved to the back burner because Yasinskas said they were looking for someone who'd never been a GM before.

Hard to know how seriously to take this given that he mentions DeCosta who doesn't seem like a realistic option at all.

Yeah dude everything I have read on DeCosta pretty much says he isn't going anywhere. He doesn't want to leave and is making a ton of cash in Baltimore.

#36 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,233 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

This doesn't mean that Mr.Richardson will listen to him!

I hear ya haha

#37 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,182 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I've never really thought of Mr.Richardson as a "hands on" owner until recently. It's pretty obvious now with the stories/reports/evidence that Mr.Richardson does what he wants to do.

Lately, it seems that the Big Cat doesn't care if the team stinks because he knows 70k fans are still going to pile in to the stadium Sunday and buy concessions, merchandise, etc.

It's similar to earlier in the year when he was a staunch supporter of not paying the officials. Sure, the quality of the games and integrity are affected, but guess what? The entire country is still paying money to watch the games and buy NFL stuff. As long as the cash flow is still going into his pockets its all good!!!

#38 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yes, clearly Richardson doesn't care which explains why he bothered to fire Hurney anyway and why he hired someone to help him search for a good GM candidate. Also explains why he agreed to pay so much money in re-signing key players for us. CLEARLY he doesn't give a poo.

You can argue he isn't a good owner (I'd still agree). But to claim he doesn't care is absurd. The only time he's done anything to suggest that was in 2010 and that was only because he was preparing for the lockout. He's a conservative businessman. But he clearly cares about the team.

#39 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

to be fair, he just said it was grapevine talk. i think interest in decosta is likely there and of course he'd be among those being talked about. that contract makes it most unlikely, but i think some of it would be does he want to create something like his mentor or does he want to just maintain what is handed to him?

easiest job would be baltimore, but the situation in carolina might be more interesting/challenging.

i'm not sure how comfortable i feel them limiting the search to only those who haven't done the job before, but i suppose it's better than only looking at ones who have done it before.

#40 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,826 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Carolina Giants

#41 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Assuming Richardson will not listen to Acorsi is just silly. He hired him to hire a GM.

#42 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,526 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Carolina Giants

New Diego Panthers

#43 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

It doens't matter who y'all want as GM!

It will be who wants to work for Richardson, who is just a step up from working for Jerry Jones!

#44 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

DeCosta or Ross. Either are excellent choices and will move us in the right direction.

#45 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

DeCosta or Ross. Either are excellent choices and will move us in the right direction.

DeCosta would be the dream scenario, Ross would be great. I just want a competent GM who can build a winning franchise and stomach the hard decisions. I have a gut feeling Hurney was as much a homer as most in this board, and though it took me til he got fired to realize this, a new direction is what this franchise needs. And BWood, I'd be down for a move to LA too (emoticon wink face).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com