67 replies to this topic

#31 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

SS89HOF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

never said, nor do i want the team to give up on him.

i just don't believe he will be as good as people think he will be.

carolina can win with him, just like any team can win with any decent qb (49ers with alex smith is a perfect example). but it won't happen until the coaching staff opens their eyes.

it's like watching an amateur chess player forget about all the other chess pieces and try to only play with the queen.

He already proved he can be very very good. What do you have that proves your side of the argument besides personal feelings. DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart are both excellent running backs and have proven so but are both putting up terrible numbers. I guess they are both on the decline and will never be as good as people say they are.

#32 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

the panthers need a coaching staff who's first and only focus is winning regardless of who may or may not be a future nfl star is on the team.

#33 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

He already proved he can be very very good. What do you have that proves your side of the argument besides personal feelings. DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart are both excellent running backs and have proven so but are both putting up terrible numbers. I guess they are both on the decline and will never be as good as people say they are.

...aaaaaaand. here. we. go.

#34 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

SS89HOF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

And since you mentioned the chess analogy, you obviously know the coaching is a major problem. You know the true potential of a Queen and and mention the failure of the chess player and the misuse of the queen. Just wanted to point out a flawed analogy.

#35 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,829 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I would have to say his number one strength is his ( by all accounts anyway) strong work ethic. I dont see superior arm strength as being all that important to be a winning NFL qb.

Since u seem to already have all to have all the answers why did u even start this thread??

#36 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Haters are gonna hate. When we win the SB in two years, what will they hate on? They will find something. In the meantime, try not to feed their horrible rants.

#37 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Haters are gonna hate. When we win the SB in two years, what will they hate on? They will find something. In the meantime, try not to feed their horrible rants.

I can hear thegreatestofalltimecam now...

"Waaaaahhhh I don't like our rings and I wish we would've worn the all blacks during the Super Bowl.."

#38 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

"Cam will appear to improve again"

LOL!!!!! Did he "appear to improve" last year when he was demolishing records as a rookie? Some people just don't get it. You deserve Mark Sanchez or Brandon Weeden as your QB... what whine babys

#39 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,780 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

He's tall, has a strong arm, and is driven to succeed.

#40 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,302 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Well I can't speak for you, but for me I think hate is really a kind word that doesn't really capture how I feel.

Not only did I have to stand through another 2 shitty seasons, after suffering 2 previous ones, arguing with Caminions and listen to Newtonian football philosophy only to find out what I already knew before we drafted him....

... but when I start thinking about the nearly certain fact that we're stuck with him for at least 1 more year and the best I can realistically look forward to is that 3 years later after this mess started, 8-8 would be an improvement and Cam reaches his ceiling of NFL mediocrity....hate is in fact a very kind word. Detest, despise, loathe and abhor Cam Newton and his myriad of fans who only gives a poo about this team if it's starting Cam Newton.

Of course I might I have misplaced hate for Cam due to Richardson, for one moronic decision after another, but there's no chance in hell he'll ever be fired, so who else am I supposed to hate other than the direct result of his egomaniac, politically correct, and whorish, financially driven decisions?

We will probably win 3 meaningless games against terrible teams this year, Cam will appear to "improve" once again, which means Richardson is once again going to feel hopeful and likely to hire a GM and coach whom he demands wins WITH Newton, rather than hiring the best man for the job and demands they win by any means necessary.

FML.

Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving :)

please melt down and run away again

it doesn't have to be anything fancy. just an argument over the definition of "narcissist" where you're using dictionary.com and the people disagreeing with you are using peer reviewed reports from psychology journals will do.

#41 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

None. None at all. Try him out at TE.

That's what the OP wants to hear, right?

#42 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,302 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

"Cam will appear to improve again"

LOL!!!!! Did he "appear to improve" last year when he was demolishing records as a rookie? Some people just don't get it. You deserve Mark Sanchez or Brandon Weeden as your QB... what whine babys

PFFL is also president of the The Golden Calf of Bristol fanclub fyi

#43 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

None. None at all. Try him out at TE.

That's what the OP wants to hear, right?

Id rather hear how our first round pick from 2 years ago has unlimited potential and is slowly but surely mastering the craft of being an elite NFL qb without hearing the usual excuses for his piss poor play.

#44 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Id rather hear how our first round pick from 2 years ago has unlimited potential and is slowly but surely mastering the craft of being an elite NFL qb without hearing the usual excuses for his piss poor play.

happy thanksgiving to you too

#45 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Cam Newton's greatest strength right now, is his potential. He is a great talent, but he has a lot of work to do before he becomes a top threat at QB. He needs to work on his anticipation and pocket awareness. He needs to work on his pre-snap reads and montioning his guys. He also needs to work on his change of direction. (He's a good straight line runner, but when he changes direction, it's like watching a train trying to stop on a dime. :D )

So his greatest strength is his upside. It's so important we get the right coaching in there, that wants to develop him into a superior passer, and not a one man show like Rivera tried to do.

Excellent post.

People forget that Cam was going to be a bit of a project because if the things he was not asked to do in college. He had great success last season and the bar was quickly raised.

He needs time to develop and a good coaching staff to develop him.

It is ridiculous to move in from him now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.