Photo
- - - - -

Apparently Almost the Entire State Now Has the Bobcats on TV!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

According to our play-by-play guy Steve Martin! He had been asking fans to tweet him their zip code and cable/sat. provider. He said it was being passed along to Fox and the providers and they were seeing what they could do about it. I had been tweeting him, as well as many others, for at least 2 or 3 weeks.

After all of these years, I really didn't have a lot of hope for anything to happen, even if Steve was doing his part to help... I just didn't see anything changing.

BUT, after initially saying that I probably wasn't getting the games right outside of Raleigh because of MLB TV rules (I don't really care about baseball anyway lol), he tweeted this yesterday:

23h Posted Image Steve Martin@BobcatsMartin
Breaking news for Direct tv viewers tonight in all of SC and western and Central NC see the game on 650/650-1.Eastern NC 647/647-1 til Sun

Eastern NC will have a new permanent channel after Sat game at Washington.

Expand

@22thesnowman Johnston Co. Might be on the line, try 650/650-1 or 647/647-1. For tonite, Fri and Sat.

View conversation

@22thesnowman your complaints helped make this happen, nBA looked into it and with Fox help found a tech. Problem.

View conversation

18h Posted Image Steve Martin@BobcatsMartin
@AaronLong92 they are going to another channel after that as apermanent location

View conversation
Steve Martin@BobcatsMartin
@PlasticOnoJohn if you are on Direct TV yes you shoulkd get us on 650/650-1 twEet me if we aren't

View conversation

How awesome is that? He said there was a technical problem that was messing things up in getting the games to us on our end... But apparently, Steve was putting in a lot of work to help us get them on TV and it worked! I didn't get to check out the game last night because we had a drastic change of plans for Thanksgiving and had to do last minute shopping, but I can't wait 'til tomorrow night!

Everyone who didn't get the games before should definitely tweet Steve and thank him!

#2 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

steve martin comes off as drunk somethimes on the air but I love the guy. You can tell that him and dell curry care about the bobcats.

#3 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Most announcers like to booze it up a little bit before games (with the rest of us ;) ).

Steve is a cool guy. I've run into him a few times he's very genuine. I'm really glad he came back to do the play by play with the Bobcats.

#4 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

weird coincidence.....about an hour ago I got off the phone with TWC, the Bobcats and left a message with
Fox Sportssouth trying to find out why the Bobcats aren't being shown in the Myrtle Beach market.

#5 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Must not have fixed it in Wilkesboro yet. I was at my parents for Thanksgiving and the Toronto game wasn't being shown even though the channel guide said that it was supposed to be

#6 panthers5158

panthers5158

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Must not have fixed it in Wilkesboro yet. I was at my parents for Thanksgiving and the Toronto game wasn't being shown even though the channel guide said that it was supposed to be

I live in Hickory, which is close to Wilkesboro. This area has the games on DirecTv & AT&T U-Verse. I'm assuming your parents have Charter? They are still refusing to show the games.

I work for Charter & from what I have been told it has something to do with TWC. Obviously, TWC has quite a bit invested in the team. At some point this season, though, Charter will begin broadcasting all of the Cats' games.

Until then I am just out of luck. I'm glad things have finally changed, though. This organization has alienated it's local market worse than any pro team I can think of. Now the entire Carolina region has access to the games.

Say what you want about MJ as a FO guy, but I think he has done a great job. He hired an excellent GM in Cho & stepped down to give him full control. Then he expanded the horrible tv market to include the entire NC/SC markets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users