Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the reason Cam is not a captain on this team?

227 posts in this topic

Posted

Jesus Christ are you actually comparing the 49ers squad/staff to that of the Panthers? Are you high?

No I'm comparing their dual rush quarterbacks. Said absolutely nothing about their staff in that post.

Posted

No I'm comparing their dual rush quarterbacks. Said absolutely nothing about their staff in that post.

So when comparing two quarterbacks, the players and coaches surrounding each player are irrelevant?

They don't improve the QB?

One team won six games last year. The other was in the NFC championship.

Posted

So when comparing two quarterbacks, the players and coaches surrounding each player are irrelevant?

They don't improve the QB?

One team won six games last year. The other was in the NFC championship.

Because of their defense, and an incredibly efficient game managing quarterback who only threw 6 interceptions.

But if you prefer to go back to their college stats, Colin's 1.8% interception efficiency, consistent over a 4 year span, is still on a different level even compared to Cam's impressive 2.5% in his Heisman year. Guess who else came close to this? Aaron Rodgers...1.95% in college.

Sharpshooter vs Gunslinger.

Posted

Because of their defense, and an incredibly efficient game managing quarterback who only threw 6 interceptions.

But if you prefer to go back to their college stats, Colin's 1.8% interception efficiency, consistent over a 4 year span, is still on a different level even compared to Cam's impressive 2.5% in his Heisman year. Guess who else came close to this? Aaron Rodgers...1.95% in college.

Sharpshooter vs Gunslinger.

aka i'll continue comparing them in a vacuum and ignore the fact that one plays for one of the best coaches in the game and the other one of the absolute scraping the bottom of the barrel worst thank you very much

vintage panthersfanforlife. so i guess INT % is the ultimate stat now and not YPP?

Posted

also matt leinart had a 1.8% career INT efficiency

troy smith 1.9%

blaine gabbert 1.92%

sam bradford a ridiculous 1.79%

peyton manning's INT % in college was a 2.38, a hair better than cam

the greatest backup in the league and future hall of famer that the panthers let get away matt moore put up a 3.5% at oregon state, just for kicks

this is what happens when you lean on one stop bellwether stats that "tell you everything you need to know". also in your case picking a conclusion and then working backwards from it.

2 people like this

Posted

still wondering why pffl has been allowed to return.

3 people like this

Posted

this is just too much fun:

matt ryan, 2.74%

eli manning, 2.56%

drew brees, 2.74%

jimmy clausen was better than all of them at 2.43%

david carr was better yet at 2.36%

1 person likes this

Posted

still wondering why pffl has been allowed to return.

if i'm zod, i'm loving the constant page reloads to see how PFFL has missed or dodged the argument.

Posted

lol PFFL

Posted

PFFL is currently combing espn.com for another insignificant arbitrary stat to base his next 700 posts off of, regardless of what arguments are presented against them

Posted

PFFL is currently combing espn.com for another insignificant arbitrary stat to base his next 700 posts off of, regardless of what arguments are presented against them

he picks a conclusion and works backwards from it. always has.

no matter how many paper bricks or how much wanking around with stats comes of it, that's what the core of the matter is.

1 person likes this

Posted

one man stands above them all. he has the lowest college INT % of anybody mentioned in this thread.

the future hall of famer.

the guy you will see hoisting more than one lombardi trophy

the man who will be synonymous with "NFL quarterback" for all time

...drumroll please...

The Golden Calf of Bristol at 1.6%

that's one point six zero. nearly a full two tenths of a percentage point better than sam bradford, widely considered one of the most accurate college passers of all time.