Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotsauce

What's the reason Cam is not a captain on this team?

227 posts in this topic

PFFL stating a hypothetical situation as "fact"... LOL!

Classic PFFL, you guys really are wasting your time.

1 person likes this

Yeah there's no way PFFL is that dumb....

He's gotta be trolling you guys.

Yeah there's no way PFFL is that dumb....

He's gotta be trolling you guys.

One of the worst in huddle history.

PantherWhiskers huh, is that you too PFFL?

Dude, first of all the common era is the Roger Goodell era. This is where offenses began having the most significant advantage over defesnses. It wasn't nowhere near this even in the early 2000's.

And it doesn't matter which stats you look at. It's all the same result. Which ones do you like? Pick one.

There are only 4 quarterbacks worse in int%

There are only 4 quarterbacks worse in td%.

There are only 4 quarterbacks worse in completion %.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/passing.htm

There are only 2 QB's that are worse than him in both int% and td%: Matt Cassel and Ryan Tannenhill

There are 0 quarterbacks that are that bad across all 3.

All meaningless? How about these?

NFL Passer rating? Bottom.

Total QB rating? Bottom.

Release time? Bottom

4th quarter comebacks? Last.

I mean....which ones do you believe are meaningful?

PS: I can see nothing's changed around here. Can't actually argue the argument, so you attack the person. It's all you know and it's all you have ever known.

Same lame ass bullying tactic. That's all you are capable of. Same game of 4-5 butt boys ganging up on anyone with a different opinion.

So ALL of the stats used to measure a QB are deemed irrelevant by the Cam Fanboys.

Ppfl just owned everyone if you with multiple stats and facts....but at least Cam makes cool commercials.

So ALL of the stats used to measure a QB are deemed irrelevant by the Cam Fanboys.

Ppfl just owned everyone if you with multiple stats and facts....but at least Cam makes cool commercials.

They're obviously all hypothetical...

...or posted by my "alt", TRD's alt or whoever else has taken up trying to point this out these days.Tony N maybe. Because you know, even if that was true, that would make them irrelevant...

1 person likes this

Well, Pffl has at least one fan.

What a surprise.

1 person likes this

Dude, first of all the common era is the Roger Goodell era. This is where offenses began having the most significant advantage over defesnses. It wasn't nowhere near this even in the early 2000's.

And it doesn't matter which stats you look at. It's all the same result. Which ones do you like? Pick one.

There are only 4 quarterbacks worse in int%

There are only 4 quarterbacks worse in td%.

There are only 4 quarterbacks worse in completion %.

http://www.pro-footb...012/passing.htm

There are only 2 QB's that are worse than him in both int% and td%: Matt Cassel and Ryan Tannenhill

There are 0 quarterbacks that are that bad across all 3.

All meaningless? How about these?

NFL Passer rating? Bottom.

Total QB rating? Bottom.

Release time? Bottom

4th quarter comebacks? Last.

I mean....which ones do you believe are meaningful?

PS: I can see nothing's changed around here. Can't actually argue the argument, so you attack the person. It's all you know and it's all you have ever known.

Same lame ass bullying tactic. That's all you are capable of. Same game of 4-5 butt boys ganging up on anyone with a different opinion.

I thought you said you weren't coming back.

You have some good points and there is no doubt that Cam's season hasn't been as good as last season (although last season you said these very stats were irrelevant and only YPP mattered, but I digress)

But there are several factors that have gone into this regression. Some of it is Cam's fault, some of it is coaching, some of it the surrounding cast, and some of it has nothing to do anything except just bad luck.

But as I have pointed out several times it is part of the maturation process of every QB that has ever played the game has had to go through. They all have had to go through this. Every QB not named Tom Brady has had years in which they regressed significantly early in their careers.

Many of the very best QB like both Mannings, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, had seasons just as bad or worse than Cam has had this year.

Heck in 2007 alone Eli Manning had three games worse than any game that Cam has ever had in his short career. That was in Eli's fourth season as an NFL QB.

This year my main point hasn't been to defend Cam's production like I did last year (which I was right about and every stat you can come up with backs me up, including YPP), it is to make the point that this year is not unusual for a young QB and that he still has the potential to be a special QB as he develops and matures. It isn't a matter of if but when for Cam Newton.

And 4th quarter comebacks is a faulty stat because there have been several instances this year that we have taken or retaken the lead in the 4th and our defense has faltered down the stretch, If the defense holds the lead they would be considered 4th quarter comebacks and Cam could have had a couple this year.

1 person likes this