Photo
- - - - -

What's the reason Cam is not a captain on this team?

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#106 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

no response

interesting

#107 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Would be interested to see how many starting
QB's (other than rookies) that are not. Team captain. Could not find this info....but would he interesting.

http://en.wikipedia....e_team_captains

and lookin at the list, 6 teams pick their captains every week and the Jets don't ave any captains...

7 teams don't have a QB as their captains (The Bengals are included in that, so the 2 "hot name" 2nd yea QBs aren't captains

But most teams choose a QB to be captain

#108 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,103 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

This is why us missing out on a guy like Harbaugh was utterly foolish.

Rivera has no passion about him, nor is he a true leader of men. Coordinator at best, which is what we got.

I would LOVE to see what a coach like Harbaugh could do with Cam.

The guy not only runs a great scheme, but he really knows the QB position.

Oh, what could have been.

#109 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Yes just imagine having Harbaugh and Luck

#110 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,165 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Yes just imagine having Harbaugh and Luck

Yeah, who needs Cam Newton!

#111 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, who needs Cam Newton!

8-18

#112 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

8-18

Also applies to:

Stewart
Williams
Kalil
Smith
Olsen
Gross
Kuechly
Johnson
Hardy

What a bunch of scrubs.

#113 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,165 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

8-18

Yes that would be the Panthers record so far in 2 seasons.

You know the Panthers right? The team, a group of individuals. Including our superb coaching staff.

#114 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Yes that would be the Panthers record so far in 2 seasons.

Ya know the Panthers right? The team, a group of individuals. Including our superb coaching staff.

It is a team game, and as a team they have consistently come up short last week was inexcusable, the coaches all need to go they have failed the team miserably!

That said Cam had 0 fourth quarter comeback wins!
0! When the game is on the line he consistently chokes and comes up short I don't care who it is I just want a winner! We are getting into browns and bills style losing lately (the past three seasons).

#115 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Also applies to:

Stewart
Williams
Kalil
Smith
Olsen
Gross
Kuechly
Johnson
Hardy

What a bunch of scrubs.

None of them play Qb do they?
Qbs are consistently judged by wins and losses!

#116 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I would LOVE to see what a coach like Harbaugh could do with Cam.

The guy not only runs a great scheme, but he really knows the QB position.

Oh, what could have been.

You would love to see Harbaugh bench him? Because that's exactly what would happen. What's so special about the way Harbaugh benches his quarterbacks? To each his own, but personally I have no preference on who does the dirty deed, and I'd love it just as much if anyone else did it.

But chances are he would have never drafted him in the first place. He would have still likely taken Alden Smith, or perhaps AJ Green like we should have, played Moore or even Jimmy last year, and still drafted Colin.

On second thought if Harbaugh came here, Luck would have probably came out 1 year earlier, so we would have gotten him too.

Either way a coach like Harbaugh, who values efficiency at the QB position, would bench Cam. He would quickly come to the obvious conclusion he doesn't have what it takes and would not waste losing seasons on attempting to teach him.

#117 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

You would love to see Harbaugh bench him? Because that's exactly what would happen. What's so special about the way Harbaugh benches his quarterbacks? To each his own, but personally I have no preference on who does the dirty deed, and I'd love it just as much if anyone else did it.

But chances are he would have never drafted him in the first place. He would have still likely taken Alden Smith, or perhaps AJ Green like we should have, played Moore or even Jimmy last year, and still drafted Colin.

On second thought if Harbaugh came here, Luck would have probably came out 1 year earlier, so we would have gotten him too.

Either way a coach like Harbaugh, who values efficiency at the QB position, would bench Cam. He would quickly come to the obvious conclusion he doesn't have what it takes and would not waste losing seasons on attempting to teach him.

You do realize Colin Kapernick is Cam Newton light? Harbaugh turned Smith into a effective QB after being a bust, if you don't believe he has something to do with Kapernicks success your a moron.

The stupidity here never fails to amaze me.

#118 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,165 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

It is a team game, and as a team they have consistently come up short last week was inexcusable, the coaches all need to go they have failed the team miserably!

That said Cam had 0 fourth quarter comeback wins!
0! When the game is on the line he consistently chokes and comes up short I don't care who it is I just want a winner! We are getting into browns and bills style losing lately (the past three seasons).

Wow a QB in his second year with a lame duck coaching staff can't win games all by himself. Stop the presses!

Oh and PFFL, can't you take a hint?

#119 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

You do realize Colin Kapernick is Cam Newton light? Harbaugh turned Smith into a effective QB after being a bust, if you don't believe he has something to do with Kapernicks success your a moron.

The stupidity here never fails to amaze me.

Why because you think every quarterback who can rush is Cam Newton? In terms of size perhaps but beyond that they are nothing alike.

Colin was almost a mirror image of Aaron Rodgers in that game. Insanely accurate and efficient. The way he went through his progressions at lightning speeds. The way he surveyed the field. The way he knew how to decide when to rush, without any hesitation. Cam has never shown that type of accuracy and ability to pick apart a defense. Not that the Bears D is incredibly complex but Colin's 97.5 Total QB rating against the Bears is a far cry apart from Cam Newton's 34.7 when he faced them last year.

Did I mention his quick release? How about the fact he's already tied Cam Newton's 4th quarter comebacks in his first NFL game coming off the bench when he replaced Smith?

#120 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,165 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Why because you think every quarterback who can rush is Cam Newton? In terms of size perhaps but beyond that they are nothing alike.

Colin was almost a mirror image of Aaron Rodgers in that game. Insanely accurate and efficient. The way he went through his progressions at lightning speeds. The way he surveyed the field. The way he knew how to decide when to rush, without any hesitation. Cam has never shown that type of accuracy and ability to pick apart a defense. Not that the Bears D is incredibly complex but Colin's 97.5 Total QB rating against the Bears is a far cry apart from Cam Newton's 34.7 when he faced them last year.

Did I mention his quick release?

Jesus Christ are you actually comparing the 49ers squad/staff to that of the Panthers? Are you high?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.