Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you guys give up for Pau Gasol?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Im a Panthers/Lakers fan just wanted to know what would you guys give up for Pau Gasol?

Pau/Dwight just doesn't fit,and he will likely get traded if we continue to lose.I think he would be a nice fit on the Bobcats and would likely make you guys a playoff team.

As a Lakers fan I would offer Pau for Mullens/Gordon/filler to make salaries match.

Posted

Nothing. Pau makes the Bobcats just good enough to miss out on a good pick, but not good enough to be anything more than 1st round fodder. Then as he declines the Bobcats would be even worse off than they would be otherwise. No, they need to tank and get more youth/talent.

Posted

Nothing. He's not who he used to be anymore. Mullens gives us a poor man Gasol.

Do not want. Like said above, he'll only give us a chance to lose out on a high pick. Marc Gasol? Now we'll talk, but not Pau.

Posted

I would give them Tyrus Thomas. And they would have to throw in some draft picks.

In case you don't understand, Pau is an overrated douchebag that I don't want near my team.

Posted

I don't know where you get that Pau is overrated.

I do agree, acquiring Pau is not the direction we want to go though. It does more harm in the long run.

Posted

Nothing. Too much money and a soft big. Pass.

Posted

Not sure I understand the hate for Pau in this thread, but a 32 year old big man doesnt make sense on this team

Posted

lol didn't know you guys still want to rebuild,I was thinking maybe you want to make the playoffs this year and give your fans something to cheer for.

*Also not sure if the guy who compared Mullens to a poor man's Gasol was serious or joking but their game is nothing alike.Mullens is a shooter,Gasol plays in the post and can pass/shoot/rebound he's an all around player.

I respect you guys opinion though,it probably would be a bad move since you guys are looking to rebuild.

Posted

The bobcats of a few years ago prob make this deal..taking on a vet with a large salary to push for the playoffs.

With the new administration..(CHO) it isn't going to happen....

Unless it is Tyrus Thomas for Pau and a few unprotected picks lol

Posted

Good player, do not want at this point in time.

Posted

Good player unfortunately I don't think he fits the uptempo style. I we were a traditional half court offense then sure.

Posted

Pau is a great player but he's not a fit on our team. Marc Gasol would be a nice pickup but the asking price would be too high.