<

Photo
- - - - -

What would you guys give up for Pau Gasol?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#16 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

I don't know why Lakers would want to get rid of Gasol. There isn't really going to be a trade out there that will be that much of an upgrade.

I don't see why Gasol and Howard can't co-exist. Gasol is an extremely good passer and have seen multiple alley-oops from Gasol to Howard this year alone. Gasol also hangs around the mid range a lot as well.

#17 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

doesn't fit our plans at all.

The only way I'd do it is straight up for Thomas, and then we trade Pau for anything.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

I said nothing about MKG,we dont need him because we got Kobe,if you read my post you would see what I offered for Gasol which was Mullens/Gordon/filler for Pau.

I dnt think the lakers would be willing to let Gasol go for Mullens, Gordon,etc.

Even though that would be a good trade bc Mullens can give 10-15 pints every night and y'all bench suck @ss so bad where Gordon would be a come up as a 6th man for y'all.

But y'all be looking at in something of the sort like a MKG for Gasol. Remember rumors were that y'all were willing to trade Gasol to land the no.2 pick this year for MKG

#19 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

I said nothing about MKG,we dont need him because we got Kobe,if you read my post you would see what I offered for Gasol which was Mullens/Gordon/filler for Pau.

Thats a terrible deal for the lakers. Gordon has zero to negative value in a trade thanks to his contract (he got traded with a 1st round pick for Corey Maggette a few months ago), and Mullens is, well, Byron Mullens. You just turned a good big man into a couple bench guys.

I guess if you pose the question like that I would trade for Gasol, then trade him as soon as possible to a contender who could actually use him.

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

He's too old and would set us back. DO NOT WANT.

#21 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

The bobcats of a few years ago prob make this deal..taking on a vet with a large salary to push for the playoffs.

With the new administration..(CHO) it isn't going to happen....

Unless it is Tyrus Thomas for Pau and a few unprotected picks lol

Putting Felton, Jackson, Wallace and Gasol together would have made the Bobcats contenders in the East at the time.

Adding an older Pau into the mix with Kemba and MKG bogs the offense down, destroys cap space and doesn't make the Cats tat much better.

Cho is and should be looking to add more young talent and acquire draft picks.

#22 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

BOBCATS would not trade for Pau because of his age like already stated. If we did trade the Lakers would have to take Tyrus and Diop. I think it would be the only way salaries would match.

#23 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

I would trade Tyrus/Diop for Gasol.

Lakers get $7mil off books at season's end from Diop and Tyrus, who has always done better with a legit 7"center with him (see Tyson Chandler)
Bobcats get a PF who can play down low and score (which is what i thought we just had an entire thread about???)

it works on ESPN trade machine:
http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=7gzjsy5

#24 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Nada... he does not fit with this team, and we don't need the $$$... The Lakers would need to give us like 5 unprotected 1st round picks plus just to take him...