Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Happens if DeAngelo Williams is Cut or Traded?

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Trade to Green Bay I can see.

I'm just hoping we can get a 4th, 5th, or 6th for DeAngelo. I don't care who to. However, I have seen Green Bay suggested before.

Posted

Or maybe we keep him and a new coach has the ability to use him correctly?

Yea, but the money DeAngelo makes though... even with new coaching staff, I don't think it will matter.

Posted

And btw, I think Armond Smith is above Poole.

Why do you think that?

Posted

I don't think they would need to do anything. The key to a running game is a good line anyway. With a stronger line you can plug in any young fearless guy. Sort of.

1 person likes this

Posted

If we have a better Offensive Coordinator next year, it will be different. Who knows, we might ACTUALLY use our RB's! But yes we do need to fix our OL.

we have been using our running backs. and they've been getting stuffed behind a terrible offensive line play after play, forcing us to pass, allowing defenses to put us in 3rd in long and predict our aerial attacks, forcing punts, and thereby allowing less opportunities for those running backs to get touches and look like they're being used.

fix the offensive line and our backs will get all the touches they want.

1 person likes this

Posted

We'll take a hellova cap hit and we have no cap elbow room as it is do to our past resident idiot, Marty Hurney.

Plus we wont have DWill's services which, if utilized correctly are very effective.

Posted

Yea, but the money DeAngelo makes though... even with new coaching staff, I don't think it will matter.

That's true as well, fug hurney lol

Posted

We'll take a hellova cap hit and we have no cap elbow room as it is do to our past resident idiot, Marty Hurney.

Plus we wont have DWill's services which, if utilized correctly are very effective.

cut him after june 1st to help ease the pain.

and how do you utilize a rb correctly? or incorrectly?

1 person likes this

Posted

Were not getting rid of deangelo and they will thrive next season when someone comes in and utilizes our strengths

Posted

we have been using our running backs. and they've been getting stuffed behind a terrible offensive line play after play, forcing us to pass, allowing defenses to put us in 3rd in long and predict our aerial attacks, forcing punts, and thereby allowing less opportunities for those running backs to get touches and look like they're being used.

fix the offensive line and our backs will get all the touches they want.

This has a lot to do with it! But hopefully with Kalil coming back and a new RG the line will return to a strength. LT could be a huge need soon though.

Posted

DeAngelo is a quality RB, but the OLine just can't seem to create the gaps for us to gain running yards. Either how, the FO has a big decision to make. First priority should be fixing the OLine, and get an extra WR, second priority should be extra defensive strenght.

Can we do that with some restructured contracts & cuts, and keep DeAngelo...then why not improve our running and passing game?

Posted

i'm too lazy to look it up and my brain hasn't engaged yet, but at when can williams contract be dumped without penalty?