Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Happens if DeAngelo Williams is Cut or Traded?

74 posts in this topic

Posted

We don't need D-Lo, although I've been a fan since he got here. I hope we can get something for him, but cold reality says he's probably going to be cut. We've got Stewart, Tolbert, and all we need is another guy like A Smith or Poole to step up.

We will be leaner and meaner without D-Lo. It is fine for him to go. I just don't see us doing anything else but releasing him.

I don't think he will be restructured because the next GM + HC are not going to feel the need for three premiere backs. It just doesn't make sense when what we need is help at WR, OL, DB, DL and probably depth at LB.

Hopefully the new regime will understand the passing trends of the modern NFL.

Posted

We don't need D-Lo, although I've been a fan since he got here. I hope we can get something for him, but cold reality says he's probably going to be cut. We've got Stewart, Tolbert, and all we need is another guy like A Smith or Poole to step up.

We will be leaner and meaner without D-Lo. It is fine for him to go. I just don't see us doing anything else but releasing him.

I don't think he will be restructured because the next GM + HC are not going to feel the need for three premiere backs. It just doesn't make sense when what we need is help at WR, OL, DB, DL and probably depth at LB.

Hopefully the new regime will understand the passing trends of the modern NFL.

Yeah, because this one doesn't pass the ball enough..............

Posted

Yeah, because this one doesn't pass the ball enough..............

well, it didn't this last week. we played the top run defense but the worst pass defense in the league and we decide to commit to the run. made perfect sense....esp. announcing to the world that you're going to do just that. full on moron coaching.

Posted

well, it didn't this last week. we played the top run defense but the worst pass defense in the league and we decide to commit to the run. made perfect sense....esp. announcing to the world that you're going to do just that. full on moron coaching.

I didn't mind the run game being a big part of the O. Our Oline is playing bad right now. Running the ball helps keep Cam upright. I just wish we would do some bootlegs...that poo pisses me off. It could help so much.

But overall they throw the ball quiet a bit. And sometimes at the worst possible times.

Posted

We save some cap space.

Posted

I didn't mind the run game being a big part of the O. Our Oline is playing bad right now. Running the ball helps keep Cam upright. I just wish we would do some bootlegs...that poo pisses me off. It could help so much.

But overall they throw the ball quiet a bit. And sometimes at the worst possible times.

they threw the ball 29 times vs. freeman throwing 46 times.

oh yeah, we ran the ball 34 times. 2.9 yards per carry. we ran the ball too much. rarely it wasn't at the worst possible time because of the D we were facing.

it was a crappy gameplan against a weak pass defense but strong run D.....but it was the run:pass ratio that many on here prefer.

Posted

Or maybe we keep him and a new coach has the ability to use him correctly?

Always a possibility. However, having that much money tied up in one position makes is very difficult to add talent elsewhere....especially in a position that is becoming marginalized in today's NFL.

I would be surprised if both DLo and Stew are both here next season.

Posted

they threw the ball 29 times vs. freeman throwing 46 times.

oh yeah, we ran the ball 34 times. 2.9 yards per carry. we ran the ball too much. rarely it wasn't at the worst possible time because of the D we were facing.

it was a crappy gameplan against a weak pass defense but strong run D.....but it was the run:pass ratio that many on here prefer.

I wasn't pointing at this game alone, with my statment about throwing at the wrong times. It was more in general. I do agree that they could've passed more against TB. Esp. when Wright got hurt. I actually got pissed and wondered why they didn't attack the backup. My point on running the ball had more to do with the fact that Cams been getting blasted, because the pass protection sux right now. That's why I get pissed that we never use the bootleg. Get Cam away from the pressure and give him a lil more time to throw it. Hell if you bootleg and nobodys open he'll have a chance to run.

Posted

We move on if he's gone, and draft a true fullback, not this stop-gap poo we have with Tolbert. Get back to running an I-formation and two TE sets that actually work for Cam and the offense, and completely remove the words "Read-option" from the Panthers' vocabulary.

I'm hoping at least, and this is provided we get a coaching staff and GM with at least half a fuging brain their heads, and not a tenth of one in their asses like we have now.

Posted

Tolbert will get more snaps, Poole should be moved up. No need for a RB in FA/Draft if Williams is cut/traded.

Posted

we will be better off

nothing against DWill. I love him. But the big non-producing money has got to go. ALL of it.

Posted

If Deangelo Williams is cut what should happen is whoever did it should be retroactively fired.