Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cam's legendary commercial

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Hornets drafted Kobe and traded him to the Lakers on draft day.

But, you are prob too young to know this.

No I remember watching that... I also remember when the Hornets left Charlotte... & that the Bobcats aren't the Hornets.

Posted

A lot of ex-hornet fans are now Bobcat fans so it's the same group of people. I have always resented Kobe because of it. We would still have the Hornets if Kobe wasn't such a little bitch

Kobe actually never requested to be traded to the Lakers. The deal between the hornets and lakers was set before Kobe was even drafted. The lakers were looking to clear out divac's contract in order to make a run at Shaq, and the Hornets needed a big man to make a run in the playoffs. The trade was viewed as a win win for both franchises. Nobody could foresee a 17 year old coming straight out of highschool to turn into MJ 2.0. Kobe would have happily played for The Hornets. Mind blowing, I know.

Posted

No I remember watching that... I also remember when the Hornets left Charlotte... & that the Bobcats aren't the Hornets.

Gotcha.

Posted

Kobe actually never requested to be traded to the Lakers. The deal between the hornets and lakers was set before Kobe was even drafted. The lakers were looking to clear out divac's contract in order to make a run at Shaq, and the Hornets needed a big man to make a run in the playoffs. The trade was viewed as a win win for both franchises. Nobody could foresee a 17 year old coming straight out of highschool to turn into MJ 2.0. Kobe would have happily played for The Hornets. Mind blowing, I know.

Completely inaccurate.

Kobe stated that he would only play for the Lakers prior to the draft.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL. That's all just BS media story strewn out to make Kobe look like a team player. The deal was done before the draft because Kobe had already said he refused to play anywhere but LA way before the draft. Yes, we knew we were going to trade him to LA. Doesn't mean he's not a me first bitch made pussy. That said, he is still one the greatest players ever and probably has the best offensive game I have ever seen.

He would have signed with Duke if he didn't come straight out- my fave college team. fuging Kobe ruined my childhood

Posted

Swag

Posted

LOL. That's all just BS media story strewn out to make Kobe look like a team player. The deal was done before the draft because Kobe had already said he refused to play anywhere but LA way before the draft. Yes, we knew we were going to trade him to LA. Doesn't mean he's not a me first bitch made pussy. That said, he is still one the greatest players ever and probably has the best offensive game I have ever seen.

He would have signed with Duke if he didn't come straight out- my fave college team. fuging Kobe ruined my childhood

He's flip flopped on the Duke statement and said he would go to UNC as well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1003/cbb.celebrity.picks.ncaa/content.12.html?mobile=n

Posted

Anyone have a quote or proof of Kobe saying he'd only play for the lakers? The article where I got my info from is no longer available. It was from the Winston-Salem Journal in 2008.

Posted

wonder if the op is busy creating an alt right now

Posted

wonder if the op is busy creating an alt right now

Posted

He's flip flopped on the Duke statement and said he would go to UNC as well.

http://sportsillustr...2.html?mobile=n

I believe it. Probably would have liked to go to UNC but wanted to keep a little distance between himself and MJ.

Posted

Lol you guys get your jimmies so rustled over me, I love it.