Photo
- - - - -

cam's legendary commercial

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#25 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hornets drafted Kobe and traded him to the Lakers on draft day.

But, you are prob too young to know this.

No I remember watching that... I also remember when the Hornets left Charlotte... & that the Bobcats aren't the Hornets.

#26 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

BPA

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

A lot of ex-hornet fans are now Bobcat fans so it's the same group of people. I have always resented Kobe because of it. We would still have the Hornets if Kobe wasn't such a little bitch

Kobe actually never requested to be traded to the Lakers. The deal between the hornets and lakers was set before Kobe was even drafted. The lakers were looking to clear out divac's contract in order to make a run at Shaq, and the Hornets needed a big man to make a run in the playoffs. The trade was viewed as a win win for both franchises. Nobody could foresee a 17 year old coming straight out of highschool to turn into MJ 2.0. Kobe would have happily played for The Hornets. Mind blowing, I know.

#27 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

No I remember watching that... I also remember when the Hornets left Charlotte... & that the Bobcats aren't the Hornets.

Gotcha.

#28 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Kobe actually never requested to be traded to the Lakers. The deal between the hornets and lakers was set before Kobe was even drafted. The lakers were looking to clear out divac's contract in order to make a run at Shaq, and the Hornets needed a big man to make a run in the playoffs. The trade was viewed as a win win for both franchises. Nobody could foresee a 17 year old coming straight out of highschool to turn into MJ 2.0. Kobe would have happily played for The Hornets. Mind blowing, I know.

Completely inaccurate.

Kobe stated that he would only play for the Lakers prior to the draft.

#29 GAme

GAme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

LOL. That's all just BS media story strewn out to make Kobe look like a team player. The deal was done before the draft because Kobe had already said he refused to play anywhere but LA way before the draft. Yes, we knew we were going to trade him to LA. Doesn't mean he's not a me first bitch made pussy. That said, he is still one the greatest players ever and probably has the best offensive game I have ever seen.

He would have signed with Duke if he didn't come straight out- my fave college team. fuging Kobe ruined my childhood

#30 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Swag

#31 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

LOL. That's all just BS media story strewn out to make Kobe look like a team player. The deal was done before the draft because Kobe had already said he refused to play anywhere but LA way before the draft. Yes, we knew we were going to trade him to LA. Doesn't mean he's not a me first bitch made pussy. That said, he is still one the greatest players ever and probably has the best offensive game I have ever seen.

He would have signed with Duke if he didn't come straight out- my fave college team. fuging Kobe ruined my childhood

He's flip flopped on the Duke statement and said he would go to UNC as well.

http://sportsillustr...2.html?mobile=n

#32 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

BPA

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Anyone have a quote or proof of Kobe saying he'd only play for the lakers? The article where I got my info from is no longer available. It was from the Winston-Salem Journal in 2008.

#33 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

wonder if the op is busy creating an alt right now

#34 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

wonder if the op is busy creating an alt right now

#35 GAme

GAme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

He's flip flopped on the Duke statement and said he would go to UNC as well.

http://sportsillustr...2.html?mobile=n

I believe it. Probably would have liked to go to UNC but wanted to keep a little distance between himself and MJ.

#36 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

Lol you guys get your jimmies so rustled over me, I love it.