carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

This argument can't be serious...

We have two of the top ten scoring point guards in the league.

We have one of the worst front scoring tandem's in the league.

If we take out Sessions and Kemba this team would just be awful. What the Cat's truly miss is a good power forward and a good center.

Haywood, Biyombo, Mullens, and Thomas are good back ups, but this team needs a solid starting unit before we start talking about competing. Right now are unit is good enough to get us to the playoffs, but we all know the long term goal... an NBA Championship.

Oh and don't give me the argument against scoring point guards. I would take a guy like Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, or Kemba Walker against any pass first point guard in the NBA except Rondo and Paul.

Irving and Westbrook are far more prolific passers than Kemba. I love Kemba when he was at UCONN but the kid is a shooting PG.

#92 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Kemba Walker is a decent passer, Ramon Sessions can be a good passer (he showed that last year when playing for L.A.) HOWEVER, who the hell do you want them to pass it to? Mullens doesn't post up and Biyombo can't catch... the only viable option is Haywood.

Ramon controls the offense a lot better than Kemba.

#93 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

This is embarrassing our back court is the least of our worries. With a good front court, this team could be dangerous. It would be nice to add a good center and power forward to this roster during the offseason.

#94 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

You aren't watching these people.

What if I said the same thing about Kemba, "Well Kemba is a good passer but he'd rather score." Kemba, Kyrie, Westbrook, and even Lillard come from the same mold.

That's not the case. Kemba doesn't choose to shoot just bc he want too and rather pass 2nd. Hea a shooter not a passer.

Irving and Lillard will become deadly passers in this league. Just watch how they're picking defenses up already

#95 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Build the team around Kemba, Sessions, MKG, Taylor, and Hendo.

Don't rely on drafting a "true" PG that will set us back a year to build around.

#96 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

6 pages deep on a Bobcats loss thread on the Huddle. Loving the passion.

Things dropped for Atlanta and went the wrong way for Charlotte tonight - but we were still outplayed. They stuffed us, but we get another crack in less than a week. Win convincingly tomorrow night and we are back on track.

No worries.

#97 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

That's not the case. Kemba doesn't choose to shoot just bc he want too and rather pass 2nd. Hea a shooter not a passer.

Right, but that's the same deal with Lillard, Westbrook, and Irving. That's the point I was making.

#98 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Irving and Westbrook are far more prolific passers than Kemba. I love Kemba when he was at UCONN but the kid is a shooting PG.

The problem with Kemba is he is too small to be a shooting guard, he might be able to play defense against a shooting guard (because of his quickness), but Kemba would not do well against a taller cover.

I will also say this, Kemba and Ramon take much better care of the ball than those passing point guards. Almost all of the starting point guards in the league average more turnovers than Kemba and Ramon.

#99 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

When we add a front court you will see Kemba and Ramon start to spread the love more, until then they are our main scoring options.

#100 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Kemba had 9 ast tonight and should have mad many more if players on this team weren't so ice cold tonight. But never mind that, Kemba can't pass nor does he like to.

#101 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Yes but you can't state your facts and then say don't think about Aldridge and Batum. It completely kills your entire argument.

Take this game for example. Mullens hits maybe 1 of his 3 pointers and 3 of the layups he missed, Bobcats probably win the game and Kemba has a double double. I would say 16pts 12ast. Very good stat line for a PG. Which means like it has for a very long time if you follow the Bobcats we need a legit 4 or 5 asap.

Doesn't kill my argument a bit if I knew thats what going to come out of your mouth. And you know it too that you were going to use Batum and Alridge as your come back.

Sure maybe Kemba could've have 12 assts if Mullens made his shots but those weren't shots or plays set up by Kemba. Mullens choose to take those shots like always.

You're missing my point. Kemba and sessions doesn't control this offense. They're just shooters. And we can and have win a lot of games with that but great teams that will make it far have a PG who controls the offense and create opportunity for everyone around them.

#102 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Our offense isn't set up for typical point guards. We run a college offense where you get up and get down. You only need speedy point guards who can finish to run our offense and really those are the kind that are being bred to play in the NBA nowadays.

#103 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

The problem with Kemba is he is too small to be a shooting guard, he might be able to play defense against a shooting guard (because of his quickness), but Kemba would not do well against a taller cover.

I will also say this, Kemba and Ramon take much better care of the ball than those passing point guards. Almost all of the starting point guards in the league average more turnovers than Kemba and Ramon.

I agreed he's too small. Hes a SG in a PG body. Its like you forcing Ben Gordon to play PG. You'll get the same outcome if Gordon was playing PG.

But you cant compared the turnovers average with other PGs in this league. Ofcourse they're going to turn the ball over more wen they passes more.

#104 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Any who, I'm out, hopefully we have better luck tomorrow against the Wizards. GO CATS!!!

#105 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Our offense isn't set up for typical point guards. We run a college offense where you get up and get down. You only need speedy point guards who can finish to run our offense and really those are the kind that are being bred to play in the NBA nowadays.

Why are we running a college offense? bc we dont have a pure passing PG who can pick apart the defense. All of yall are not getting it. Yall keep bringin up that we dont have the personnel or the systems for a Rubio, Nash or Rondo succeed. Trust me if we have one of them, they'll make Dunlap's life a lot more simpler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users