#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

http://profootballta...-waist-in-2013/

Can't go low, cant go high, can't use the head, shoulder or forearm. Guess the game will look like this in a few years.

http://www.auscorp-e...pment/sumo4.jpg

Falcons vs Panthers future look

#2 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,645 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Pretty much.

#3 Rocky

Rocky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Non stop changing of the game that's been around for a century is pathetic.. these guys know all the risks when they sign those contracts. They need to stop fuging with the game..

#4 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,390 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Just make the jump to the future and use Cyborgs, easily repaired and replaced. Cheaper too.

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,330 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

I like this rule. Should've been done years ago. Block above the waist like a man.

#6 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

This will significantly affect passing downs and the kind of running backs that will command a premium. Very few running backs can block a blitzer without resorting to a chop block, and since they are usually left in as an extra blocker on passing downs this will change offensive schemes a lot. Look for more tight end/running back hybrids like Aaron Hernandez of the Patriots.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,799 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

I've never really understood the people who howl over gordell ruining this here game of football to cater to them dress-wearin' drag queen sissies. you wanna see the game truly demolished? then watch the league get demolished in twenty years when players' suits suddenly have clout behind them because the league knew about long-term health issues and still did nothing about it.

Current players' cases are limited in power. Future ones, without precautions, won't have these hindrances. The game will evolve and it will be just as exciting despite the high-pitched bleating of people who like to reminisce about the good ol' days when you just rubbed some dirt on your concussion and got back in the game.

#8 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

I've never really understood the people who howl over gordell ruining this here game of football to cater to them dress-wearin' drag queen sissies. you wanna see the game truly demolished? then watch the league get demolished in twenty years when players' suits suddenly have clout behind them because the league knew about long-term health issues and still did nothing about it.

Current players' cases are limited in power. Future ones, without precautions, won't have these hindrances. The game will evolve and it will be just as exciting despite the high-pitched bleating of people who like to reminisce about the good ol' days when you just rubbed some dirt on your concussion and got back in the game.

Ah the good old American way, where personal responsibility is an after thought. It's always someone else's fault.

These guys go into the game knowing the risks. They don't have a leg to stand on suing after the fact.

#9 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Crushing has weak ligaments from juicing. This was bound to happen at some point.

Cushing has weak ligaments from juicing. This was bound to happen at some point.

#10 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,883 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

My goal of signing a one day contract, getting into the game, and getting crushed by a linebacker and then suing the league hasn't worked. Yet...

#11 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Replace the NFL with the lingerie league.

That is what it'll come to.

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Replace the NFL with the lingerie league.

That is what it'll come to.

Guess we would all be quite interested in our QB's new fashion line at that point

#13 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,464 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

They know the risks. They get paid big bucks to play a game. They need to quit being pussies and deal.

#14 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I am very close to boycotting the NFL period. Many of my buddies are the same way. Might as well watch Lingerie football instead.

They are pussifying the sport because of lawsuits. over 1000 claimants in the concussion suit and growing which is bull poo. Congress should step in and make a law prohibiting being able to sue the NFL over poo like this. Its called assumption of risk.

One thing ownership can do is bite the NFLPA in the ass with these rule changes. I mean if its not nearly as rough, you dont' get paid nearly as much :-)

#15 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Football players are overpaid pussies. Fans are going to get tired of Gooddell changing the rules every year. The players get paid millions each year. They know the risks and so on. Deal with it. Players back in the day wasn't complainning. But yet these over price losers want the game want to become less contact every year. OMG!! I just broke my nail. Less sue the NFL over my nail breaking. LOL Injuries are a part of the game. Deal with it and be a man. You get paid a ton of money to play. I really think the more rules they make and the less hitting that happens. The less money the football players should get paid. Simple as that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com