• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Call me crazy but I think JR will trade Smitty to a championship contender next year just out of respect for what he did for the franchise.

That kind of thing doesn't really happen much in the real world. I can't think of an example myself off the top of my head.

Trades are made for the benefit of teams, not players.

#42 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

That kind of thing doesn't really happen much in the real world. I can't think of an example myself off the top of my head.

Trades are made for the benefit of teams, not players.

Tony Gonzalez. KC rebuilding, traded him and said thanks.

But plenty of aging players have been parted with in rebuilds and youth movements and when teams move into new eras. All a matter of perception, you could choose to look at it that LC wasn't trying to do him a favor and was just trying to move into a new era of KC football.

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Tony Gonzalez. KC rebuilding, traded him and said thanks.

But plenty of aging players have been parted with in rebuilds.

They're traded because the franchise decides what another team offers for them is worth it. Sometimes they're right. Sometimes not.

That's not the same as sending a guy so he can get a ring with another team.

#44 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

They're traded because the franchise decides what another team offers for them is worth it. Sometimes they're right. Sometimes not.

That's not the same as sending a guy so he can get a ring with another team.

See my edit.

Lots of aging players are parted with.....regardless of reason Smith could be a Tony G. Part ways to move forward with a new era. Smitty brings a lot of baggage. Hard to build a new era with the poster child of the old era still on board.

#45 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

See my edit.

Lots of aging players are parted with.....regardless of reason Smith could be a Tony G. Part ways to move forward with a new era. Smitty brings a lot of baggage. Hard to build a new era with the poster child of the old era still on board.

Smith getting traded is a possibility (heck, about anyone getting traded is possible). I just wouldn't consider it very likely.

#46 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Smith getting traded is a possibility (heck, about anyone getting traded is possible). I just wouldn't consider it very likely.

Maybe....

I think Smitty playing as long as Donald Driver in Carolina isn't very likely....he brings to much negative to the table as he ages for that. That is why I think if he plays as long as his body would allow.....he will wear a different uniform.

Jerry Rice was even parted with.....and he had no baggage.

#47 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Maybe....

I think Smitty playing as long as Donald Driver in Carolina isn't very likely....he brings to much negative to the table as he ages for that. That is why I think if he plays as long as his body would allow.....he will wear a different uniform.

Jerry Rice was even parted with.....and he had no baggage.

Competitive guys rarely retire when they should.

Most stay around at least one year too long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users