26 replies to this topic

#16 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Tbh, if Joeckel is the pick, with Bell's decent play and youth, I'm thinking Gross maybe will and possibly should be a cap casualty.

#17 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Tbh, if Joeckel is the pick, with Bell's decent play and youth, I'm thinking Gross maybe will and possibly should be a cap casualty.

Ive said it a few times. If we draft Joeckel we should trade Gross. He's got more trade value than Beason,Gamble or D-Lo.

#18 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Gross is the heart and soul of our team. No way we trade him. Joeckel, Silatolu, Kalil, Bell, and Gross would make for a great line.

#19 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

All Gross is from a "feelings" standpoint is a counter driving force to our new era. He's a good ole boy on a modern team.

He's paid too well to play Guard and certainly not powerful enough to do so. Bell sure a heck hasn't shown anything at Guard.

Dump Gross, free up the cap and buy a capable RG with it

#20 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Gross is the heart and soul of our team. No way we trade him. Joeckel, Silatolu, Kalil, Bell, and Gross would make for a great line.

Bell is not and will not be a guard. His playing style fits tackle. He plays too upright and his footwork is more lateral. We'll lose some guys because of our cap situation. Gross and Gamble will be the only ones who will give you relief. We'll take a cap hit if we cut D-Lo or Beason. Why not draft his replacement. Trade him for a 3rd/4th and create some cap space?

#21 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

There's also the slight chance Gross could retire.

#22 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

On a side note, I'll cry if Jadeveon Clowney goes to another team when he comes out.

He's an Andrew Luck level prospect.

#23 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,999 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

If we take Luke then I expect Gross to be gone. There's no reason to replace Bell with his youth, strong play and contract.

Kalil is the heart and soul of the OL.

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,999 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Bell is not and will not be a guard. His playing style fits tackle. He plays too upright and his footwork is more lateral. We'll lose some guys because of our cap situation. Gross and Gamble will be the only ones who will give you relief. We'll take a cap hit if we cut D-Lo or Beason. Why not draft his replacement. Trade him for a 3rd/4th and create some cap space?

Thank you for that. I don't understand why some don't or can't understand that T and G are different skill sets.

Moving Bell inside doesn't work in the real world as easily as it does in Madden.

#25 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

every time i see Gross i picture him getting owned by Bowers on that 1 sack.his play has really went down.........and Bell is not a G.

#26 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,999 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

every time i see Gross i picture him getting owned by Bowers on that 1 sack.his play has really went down.........and Bell is not a G.

Gross isn't at his peak, but he's still a good LT and we have bigger needs.

#27 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

On a side note, I'll cry if Jadeveon Clowney goes to another team when he comes out.

He's an Andrew Luck level prospect.

You're down to suck D for another year to add another young pass rusher? Count me out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com