Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge game for the future of the franchise?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Never going to root for a Panthers loss, though at this point the losses do not sting as bad and can at least look forward to a top pick but I want the Panthers to win out if they can, I just want Cam and the team to find them selves so they can go into next season with something.

1 person likes this

Posted

Never going to root for a Panthers loss, though at this point the losses do not sting as bad and can at least look forward to a top pick but I want the Panthers to win out if they can, I just want Cam and the team to find them selves so they can go into next season with something.

Like Tampa last year?

Posted

ridiculous.

i know that there are those people who claim to be fans who want the team to lose, but they should never come out of the closet unless you are fine with people pointing and laughing and shaking their heads.

Posted

Loser talk is for losers! Period! If you lose on purpose to get better draft position, you deserve to draft a bust! For being fuggin worthless losers. Also ANY player that buys into this sh!t should be cut because they're fuggin losers as well!

Posted

Anyone down to start a private Panthers forum with approved memberships and no trolls or kids?

Just good football talk and classic T and A.

1 person likes this

Posted

ridiculous.

i know that there are those people who claim to be fans who want the team to lose, but they should never come out of the closet unless you are fine with people pointing and laughing and shaking their heads.

Isn't that what message boards are for? I enjoy reading your posts for the most part, but I had a post expressing this same view after the Bears loss (the Cowboys game and Hurney's firing signaled the end to the season and THE END to Rivera IMO). Amazingly, my post was very warmly received and echoed. Now I post relative to the realities and ramifications of winning/losing this game vs. a team with a similar need for OL help, with a new article saying the draft's top prospect may be an OT, and people don't get it? Wtf?

Posted

Your perrinial playoff teams NEVER pick inside the top 10. They get good players at the bottom every year! Again losing for the sake of draft position is losers mentality. And with that kind of mentality on your team, one player will not fix a shitty team with a sorry ass way of thinking! If you think so then you are also a loser.

1 person likes this

Posted

OP is right but these teams don't make money from losing and there is no lockout this year so what do you think they're going to try to do...

Posted

Anyone down to start a private Panthers forum with approved memberships and no trolls or kids?

Just good football talk and classic T and A.

Can there at least be GIFs?

Posted

One would think all Panther fans have had enough losing for the last three years.

1 person likes this

Posted

Isn't that what message boards are for? I enjoy reading your posts for the most part, but I had a post expressing this same view after the Bears loss (the Cowboys game and Hurney's firing signaled the end to the season and THE END to Rivera IMO). Amazingly, my post was very warmly received and echoed. Now I post relative to the realities and ramifications of winning/losing this game vs. a team with a similar need for OL help, with a new article saying the draft's top prospect may be an OT, and people don't get it? Wtf?

you are cheering for the team to lose...and we get this a couple times a week and it usually gets this reaction from everyone except the few posters in here who make the threads themselves.

most people don't want their team to lose and could NEVER cheer for them to do so.

it hurts a team to lose. earning a draft pick just isn't worth it.

sorry...you're just over thinking this whole thing and coming to a ridiculous conclusion that says we should especially hope to lose this game.

losing is always bad for a team.

Posted

you are cheering for the team to lose...and we get this a couple times a week and it usually gets this reaction from everyone except the few posters in here who make the threads themselves.

most people don't want their team to lose and could NEVER cheer for them to do so.

it hurts a team to lose. earning a draft pick just isn't worth it.

sorry...you're just over thinking this whole thing and coming to a ridiculous conclusion that says we should especially hope to lose this game.

losing is always bad for a team.

Still strongly disagree. This great state has only won one major professional sports title, the 2006 Stanley Cup. But almost no one knows that this was only possible because a terrible 2003 season allowed the Carolina Hurricanes to draft Eric Staal.

I am tired of losing too, but we have been to a Super Bowl and 3 NFC Championship games, the only thing I care about is the Lombardi Trophy, which we are not getting this year.