Photo
- - - - -

Huge game for the future of the franchise?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I actually see your point and basketball fans know this happens very often in the nba tanking to gain draft position is actually a very smart and strategic move. That being said this is the national football league, a contact sport.

You can't afford to lay down in the NFL people are looking to knock your head off so every game you have to go out there play. There isn't any laying down in this sport plain and simple.

#12 ctrcat

ctrcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

what in fresh hell does that have to do with getting a new coach?

luckily it's a moot discussion anyway because we are legitimately terrible this year and we'll almost certainly land a top-five draft pick for the new GM to play with, but the bottom line is it's detrimental to a player's development to show them it's ok to lay down and just lose, no matter what the situation. that sort of mentality breeds a losing culture, the exact mentality we're attempting to root out of players long infected with it.

i will be hoping we pull out wins in every single one of our remaining games.

The fresh hell (whatever that means) reality is that we have blown 14 leads in a year and a half, we already HAVE a losing culture, we ARE getting a new coach, and the remaining results (win, lose, or draw) mean NOTHING once a new sheriff is in town. Many of these "'player's' development" will not even be here next year!!! Our roster will look completely different, and there will be an entirely different culture, playbook, pregame speech, set of team rules, practice schedule, etc., etc., etc.

Ryan Clady, Ray Rice, and Carl Nicks for Jeff Otah, that is fresh hell reality for winning meaningless games when your team and season are toast.

#13 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

HUDDLER

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Never going to root for a Panthers loss, though at this point the losses do not sting as bad and can at least look forward to a top pick but I want the Panthers to win out if they can, I just want Cam and the team to find them selves so they can go into next season with something.

#14 ctrcat

ctrcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Never going to root for a Panthers loss, though at this point the losses do not sting as bad and can at least look forward to a top pick but I want the Panthers to win out if they can, I just want Cam and the team to find them selves so they can go into next season with something.

Like Tampa last year?

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

ridiculous.

i know that there are those people who claim to be fans who want the team to lose, but they should never come out of the closet unless you are fine with people pointing and laughing and shaking their heads.

#16 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Loser talk is for losers! Period! If you lose on purpose to get better draft position, you deserve to draft a bust! For being fuggin worthless losers. Also ANY player that buys into this sh!t should be cut because they're fuggin losers as well!

#17 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Anyone down to start a private Panthers forum with approved memberships and no trolls or kids?

Just good football talk and classic T and A.

#18 ctrcat

ctrcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

ridiculous.

i know that there are those people who claim to be fans who want the team to lose, but they should never come out of the closet unless you are fine with people pointing and laughing and shaking their heads.

Isn't that what message boards are for? I enjoy reading your posts for the most part, but I had a post expressing this same view after the Bears loss (the Cowboys game and Hurney's firing signaled the end to the season and THE END to Rivera IMO). Amazingly, my post was very warmly received and echoed. Now I post relative to the realities and ramifications of winning/losing this game vs. a team with a similar need for OL help, with a new article saying the draft's top prospect may be an OT, and people don't get it? Wtf?

#19 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Your perrinial playoff teams NEVER pick inside the top 10. They get good players at the bottom every year! Again losing for the sake of draft position is losers mentality. And with that kind of mentality on your team, one player will not fix a shitty team with a sorry ass way of thinking! If you think so then you are also a loser.

#20 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• LocationCape Fear Area
HUDDLER

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

OP is right but these teams don't make money from losing and there is no lockout this year so what do you think they're going to try to do...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users