Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruff's Slightly-After-Midseason Mock (w/ Coaching Changes!)

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I love the first two picks. Joeckel, Thomas, Kalil, Bell, and Gross have the makings of a HOF calibur line. I approve of the first two picks!

If the draft were to go like this, Joeckel would be replacing Gross at LT, Amini would stay at LG, kalil at center, Thomas at RG and Bell at RT.

Joeckel is a franchise LT, if we bring him in it either means we cut Gross or he retired.

Bell should never be moves inside again, we should be thankful for what he's worth at RT and leave it at that.

RG needs to be replaced whether its through the draft or free agency.

And do not give up on Amini. He has so much potential and will learn by getting experience with starters and some day make a name for himself.

Posted · Report post

If the draft were to go like this, Joeckel would be replacing Gross at LT, Amini would stay at LG, kalil at center, Thomas at RG and Bell at RT.

Joeckel is a franchise LT, if we bring him in it either means we cut Gross or he retired.

Bell should never be moves inside again, we should be thankful for what he's worth at RT and leave it at that.

RG needs to be replaced whether its through the draft or free agency.

And do not give up on Amini. He has so much potential and will learn by getting experience with starters and some day make a name for himself.

Joeckel, Silatolu, Kalil, Thomas, Bell is exactly how I envisioned it. That is a dominant offensive line for years.

Posted · Report post

What about moving Silatolu to right guard, and having Thomas stay at LG for the pros?

Posted · Report post

What about moving Silatolu to right guard, and having Thomas stay at LG for the pros?

I thought about that as well, but I don't know if I like the idea of two rookies on Cam's blindside. Sure, both are fantastic players, but the idea of defenses overloading two rookies on the blindside is not something that sounds appealing.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Amini played LT in college, so it was natural to keep him in the left side. Switching his position again would just take away from the experience he's gained this season.

Posted · Report post

Amini played LT in college, so it was natural to keep him in the left side. Switching his position again would just take away from the experience he's gained this season.

It's probably easier to play RG than LG if anything else. I don't think he would lose anything from it. Yet as Ruff said, having two rookies on one side may not be such a good thing. Yet I would be willing to try it with these bunch of guys.

Posted · Report post

Ever heard of Greg Zuerlein?

Yes... your point?

Posted · Report post

Yes... your point?

He was undrafted.