#1 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

what a horrible and overrated conference. its been obvious but today just so blatant.
GT gets runned. VA tech barely wins.
FSU gets smacked at its house. Now you got an average GT team and a licking its wounds FSU coming into Charlotte.

oye

#2 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

FSU and Clemson are the only ones worth a damn this year. VT, who is usually consistent, has been bad.

#3 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

UNC 1st place in the Coastal WHAT WHAT.

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Yes the ACC is terrible, but explain to me how FSU got "smacked"?

#5 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

gave up 37 at home. yes they were leading but rolled over in the 2nd half. maybe i just really hate Florida as a Gamecock fan and i'm bitter that once again 1 loss to an SEC West team has cost us a BCS bid.

#6 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Miami should be playing that game and they would finish off FSU this time around.

We'll be back though, Miami is back and everyone is scared.

#7 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

gave up 37 at home. yes they were leading but rolled over in the 2nd half. maybe i just really hate Florida as a Gamecock fan and i'm bitter that once again 1 loss to an SEC West team has cost us a BCS bid.

I don't see how you would have jumped Florida to get that BCS bid.

#8 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Miami should be playing that game and they would finish off FSU this time around.

Absolutely no one in the world is even the slightest bit concerned with Miami. When they get their sanctions handed down, I may pay some attention.

#9 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,735 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

Hah they barely escaped by 7the against Duke. Give me a break.

#10 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Dudes when Kevin Olsen takes over we're going into dynasty mode.

Duke Johnson could be one of the best running backs I've ever witnessed.

#11 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Always felt like a weird season to me. All the top SEC teams seemed about equal, the best 2 teams in the Big 10 arent eligible for a bowl game, and top big 12 teams were K St and a crappy Oklahoma team.

Plus the big 10 made a move for maybe the worst football team in the ACC. Maryland was god awful this year- they beat William & Mary (a team who won 2 games all season playing FCS teams) 7- 6 earlier this year

#12 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,800 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

UNC 1st place in the Coastal WHAT WHAT.

WOOOOO!!!!

...but in the end, it's like taking a hot girl to the dance and having someone else dance with her. Maybe next year.

#13 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

I don't see how you would have jumped Florida to get that BCS bid.

im saying losing to LSU burned us. much like losing to Ark the previous year. Had that loss not gone against us for our division, then we are in a 3 way tie with UGA and Fl.

I just don't like the bowl system by and large. Take UGA for example. They are at #3 and if they win they can play for the NC.
But lose, and they drop down to possibly the Cap 1 where FL loses to UGA, doesn't even make the SEC champ and will proly play in the Sugar.

Doesn't make sense.

#14 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

im saying losing to LSU burned us. much like losing to Ark the previous year. Had that loss not gone against us for our division, then we are in a 3 way tie with UGA and Fl.

I just don't like the bowl system by and large. Take UGA for example. They are at #3 and if they win they can play for the NC.
But lose, and they drop down to possibly the Cap 1 where FL loses to UGA, doesn't even make the SEC champ and will proly play in the Sugar.

Doesn't make sense.

Georgia has the easiest schedule of any team in the SEC. They deserve what they get.

I see your point though.

#15 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Doesn't make sense.

Florida's resume is so strong (the strongest in the nation) that they deserve to be in BCS Bowl over UGA, especially if they lose next week. UGA basically beat UF because UF shot themselves in the foot. But then again, UGA is one of the hotter teams right now.

As far as the three way tie, it would probably end up the same result as UGA would be in the SECG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com