#16 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,883 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

i don't dispute FL record or schedule toughness, but think about this. reverse the game with UGA and it's Fl playing in the SEC champ. the same thing would happen to them. they lose that game and fall to the Cap 1 bowl or something similar where UGA just takes it easy over the holidays and plays in the Sugar.
its a goofy system.

#17 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

i don't dispute FL record or schedule toughness, but think about this. reverse the game with UGA and it's Fl playing in the SEC champ. the same thing would happen to them. they lose that game and fall to the Cap 1 bowl or something similar where UGA just takes it easy over the holidays and plays in the Sugar.
its a goofy system.

That's not true.

If you reverse the game UGA wouldn't be in the Sugar. They'd have 2 losses and wouldn't be in the top 4 which guarantees them the Sugar. Sugar would invite the1 loss UF.

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,883 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

thats right. UF just 1 loss not 2.

just hate as a gamecock fan, we beat a team they could easily play for the NC, lose to an awesome 1 loss UF team and lose to a solid LSU team and because no playoff. the best we get is Outback or Cap 1.

in years like this, you want a playoff because i like our chances against anybody outside the SEC.

#19 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I feel ya. Last year I actually liked your team better. You were hurt last year (like we were this year) because UGA's schedule's was weak. Good thing is their schedule next year should really test them.

Many people will welcome the playoffs, and it seems like you are one of them.

I feel like I am one of the few that's going to miss the BCS.

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,883 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

if Shaw doesn't throw that late pick at LSU, man, we could be playing Bama for the chance at the whole thing. ugggh.

#21 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

If you look at this season, you can definitely see that the new playoff system is going to have exactly the same problems as the current BCS system. There would be a heated discussion of who gets the last playoff spot.

#22 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Oh for sure, that has always been one of my arguments. The BCS almost always gets it right. If Bama wins Saturday (or even UGA), not many can argue that Bama and ND were the two best overall teams this year.

Now when it gets cloudy the further you get out.

#23 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,556 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

gave up 37 at home. yes they were leading but rolled over in the 2nd half. maybe i just really hate Florida as a Gamecock fan and i'm bitter that once again 1 loss to an SEC West team has cost us a BCS bid.

That's pretty much all on EJ Romo.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,992 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Fwiw, the Big 10 is nearly as bad as the ACC this year. Maybe even worse, since the best team is banned from post season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com