Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

backup qb for next season

79 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers Nation' timestamp='1354326210' post='2024512']
Sir he isn't signing with us for free,and you still haven't answered my question why would we pay a backup qb that much money?
[/quote]

Well, determines how much of a paycut hes willing to take. 2 mill wouldn't hurt at QB on a normal team. This team? We are screwed because of Hurney. I was just thinking hypothetically, sir.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nctarheel0619' timestamp='1354326543' post='2024521']
Well, determines how much of a paycut hes willing to take. 2 mill wouldn't hurt at RB on a normal team. This team? We are screwed because of Hurney. I was just thinking hypothetically, sir.
[/quote]
Ok sir,I don't think A.Smith will take a paycut to play backup qb behind Cam,I think he will go for a starting job on another team like the Cardinals/Eagles/Bills/Browns,we don't need him sir.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers Nation' timestamp='1354326799' post='2024525']

Ok sir,I don't think A.Smith will take a paycut to play backup qb behind Cam,I think he will go for a starting job on another team like the Cardinals/Eagles/Bills/Browns,we don't need him sir.
[/quote]

I don't think the Browns will give up on Weeden so early, sir. The others? I wouldn't be surprised if they went after him.

Posted · Report post

Matt Flynn was the guy that really got screwed over, not Alex Smith. The NFC West is a mess, QB-Wise. Bradford is the only "he's our guy" QB in the whole division.